Looking for something?

Monday, September 30, 2024

So random, September '24

When one "so random" post goes out, I start to work on another.  This one picks up where the last one left off, on August 27th.  Remember when I said that Elisabeth Clara was envying Morgan's hair bows?  The very next day she got her own.
eBay shop is jmtolananny, and they have a lovely selection of Cabbie clothes.  I'm a hippie at heart and thus I'm always looking for tie-dyed stuff for my dolls, but those aren't the easiest things to find.  I guess the risk of dye transferring to a doll's vinyl body is a very real deal.  But I was able to find this blouse and slacks set that has the tie-dyed aesthetic.  Even Elisabeth's much-desired hair bows are rainbow.

August 30th.  One of the 65th Anniversary Fashionistas struts her stuff in front of my domestic miscellany. 
This is Dionne, inspired by the one and only Black Barbie from 1983.  I'd been hoping Mattel would honor Black Barbie with a Fashionista...and if I recall, one of y'all told me that they eventually would.  Anyway, I had Dionne on the chest of drawers with the #FailFix crew, but she was standing straight, with her head facing forward.  Now she looks like this.  I solemnly swear to y'all that I did not do it.  I figure that either Mama knocked her over in the middle of the night and put her back...or Uncle Man-Child has been fooling around with her.  I doubt that second one, but then Dionne is his type.  He likes his chicks young, unfortunately.  Either way Dionne is showing off, and I'm letting her do it.  If I had the body for a slinky red dress I'd show off too.

August 31st.  I was gearing up for September's first Bae Day Monday, and I realized just how cute Hugo Jack and Kiara look together. 
I've had these two nestled together ever since I moved Kiara over to Casa Pizarro, but I'm only now realizing what a cute pair they make.

September 1st, 2024.  Dionne swan-dived off the chest of drawers one too many times, so I threw her atop the OTHER chest of drawers, where I keep about a dozen other dolls.
Dionne's new friend is Bubblegum DJ, one of my O.M.G. dolls.  She's a smidge more demure than dramatic Dionne.  Emily and Jettivee can also be seen in the background. 

September 2nd, better known as Labor Day 2024.  Bae Day Monday was for baldies and those with tufts...and do I have plenty of bald Cabbies!  There's Matthew Tommie and Hugo Jack...
...brothers Esmond Brant and Nathan Hunter...
...twins Stella Rae and Cara Raelean...
...and the little ones, Taniyah Yasmin, Owen Presley, and Sammy Sloth. 
I unfortunately didn't have any tufties at the time, but as we saw, that changed.  I also don't own any baldies that will take a pacifier...yeah, I do.  Owen Presley will take one if I can find the right size.  

On September 3rd another Cabbie group asked for head mold #3, so I acquiesced.
Nathan Hunter is a Preemie and Elisabeth Clara is not, but they're very close in size.  The sizing of Cabbies is a difficult matter, I'm afraid.

September 4th.  Foster child Precious arrived after the battle with the local mail carriers.  Elisabeth Clara also got another new dress.
These two have a lot in common.  Both are brown-eyed brunettes in pigtails, both have the #3 head, and by something of a coincidence both are wearing variants of the same dress.  This is called the "swing dress" and it comes in a number of color variations (my favorites are yellow, spoilers).  Elisabeth Clara is wearing ballet flats with her dress, which apparently aren't the right shoes for this combo...but they fit her fine so who cares?  As for Precious...well, she's still hanging out at Casa Pizarro, and I've slowly been building a special wardrobe for her.  I do still intend fully to give her to my friend, and what a gift she'll be!

Speaking of Precious, September 7th.
I have Precious at my workstation, where Idalia Gale or Beryl June often sits.  I keep her there just in case my friend comes, and on the 7th Ernest John decided he wanted to keep her company.  The two don't have much in common except for brown eyes.  Precious now sits in a sparkly gift bag with her panda dress and a sheet of tissue paper covering them both, waiting...

September 8th.  Ernest John made another friend.  Morgan is a serious little poppet, but she is not unkind.
Here it's possible to see how close My Child and Preemie Cabbies are in size.  By coincidence, they match in the as well with their nautical garb.  I've never tried putting Preemie clothes on Morgan, but it couldn't hurt to try.  Stay tuned...

September 9th.  My sister's birthday was that day, and Mama and I celebrated with Chinese food.  That particular Bae Day Monday was for Cornsilk Kids.  I don't know if the admins meant Coleco only or all Cornsilk Kids, so I went full Monty.  Here's my Coleco Growing Hair pair, Cleopatra Chantale and Andrea Doria...
...the blondes, Lucey Dena and Iris Evangeline...
...Leslie Emily, who is both in a class by herself and dazzled by the camera flash...
...the gimmicky ones, Julie Emmalee and Kory Aryan...
...and the little ones, Carol Kasey and Skye Kitty. 
There are Cornies out there with hair a deeper red than Cleopatra Chantale's, believe it or not.  More on that at eleven. 

The same day my other Cabbie group asked for pictures of head #9, so once again here's Andrea Doria, sitting pretty.
I need to change this girl up a bit.  Give her a new dress or a new 'do or something. 

Finally, here's Candela Laura in her new overalls. 
I got this outfit around the same time as the others, but I bought this one myself (the others were gifts).

September 12th.  The remains of Hurricane Francine made for a cool, windy, rainy evening, and when the weather is like that I usually think of something cozy.
Usually my American Girls and my Cabbage Patch Kids keep to themselves, but on this particular evening Rita Cheryl fancied a cuddle with Ernest John.  Ernest is proving popular with the ladies!  Oh yeah, and he wanted to show off his new binky.  No #4 Cabbie stays without a binky on my watch!

September 16th.  Bae Day Monday was for popcorns.  I got to kill two birds with one stone that day, because my popcorn girls get something new for fall.  Usually Wednesdays are for sharing new clothes, but I jumped the gun.  This picture was obviously taken before Beryl June got her shoes.
Beryl June has had nothing to wear since she arrived but that green bubble dress.  I like that dress a lot because green and because polka dots, but it was time for a change.  Idalia Gale has also been wearing the same thing since...I think since last March.  So change did her good too.  Of course my friend from Newfoundland loved it, LOL.  By the way, does Idalia Gale have long legs or what!  Her short dress makes them look long anyway, but clothes notwithstanding she's lankier than Beryl June. 

September 18th.  
My new boy Gavin Andrew wanted me to take his closeup.  He also wanted to wait until his sister gets here for a full-body shot.

September 19th.  Gavin's sister didn't arrive, and Gsvin decided to pose with Kitrick Randolph Fergus and Julie Emmalee instead. 
I had Randolph and Julie out because they're getting new outfits!
Randolph's outfit is a gift from Mama, and Julie's getup is my own find.

Now, time for the eleven o'clock news.  September 23rd.  Gavin's sister FINALLY arrived.  Karen Sheila will be her name.
Both Gavin and Karen have the flaming red hair that I was referring to in September 9th's entry.  See how much darker this hair is than Cleopatra Chantale's?
As y'all know, I love a good redhead.  I don't have too many at Casa Pizarro yet, but the ones I do have stand out!  Hmmm...would one of Bailey's extra heads count as red?
No, that's pink and orange.  Cute, but not red.  Bailey does have a little red-haired friend, though.
Bailey and Shannon share the same patch of real estate, and they've become thick.  

September 23rd was also Bae Day Monday.  This Bae Day Monday's theme was reroots, and I only have one.
The last Monday in September was for shaggy and fuzzy boys, and I don't have any of those yet.  I haven't given up completely on finding a fuzzy red boy, so we'll see. 

The weather on the 23rd was a little stormy, and the lightning freaked two of my tinies out a bit.
They are Milk Shake Bonnie and Lady Doolli, from this post back in May.  I thought it might be nice to display the dolls Setsu-P sent with my other little ones, and that proved smart.  Whimzee and Antu have become fast friends. 
September 26th, 8:27 p.m. CDT.  Hurricane Helene's landfall was thirty minutes away, and I had a pair of cuddle buddies.
Geneva and Morgan, both of whom I'd been playing with a lot at the time.  They both feel nice in my arms.  Note that Geneva was still in her poncho.  Oh, and by the way...thirty minutes came and went and Helene STILL hadn't made landfall!  Sometimes hurricanes speed up as they make landfall, and sometimes they slow down.  Helene slowed down, I got sleepy, and I went to bed early on the 26th.  Landfall happened sometime after I went to bed.

September 27th.  Malden football homecoming!  The weather was horrendous, but our boys played anyway. 
Seriously, Helene's outer bands were that big.  It poured all day Friday and most of Saturday.  Anyway, by luck of the draw, Coleco's sporting uniforms are dominantly green, just like my own high school's uniforms.  Shelley Fred is our little linebacker, and Elisabeth Clara is cheering him on.  Heck, everyone in the bedroom is cheering him on, even Terri Lee.  That said...I can't wait to dress these two in Halloween clothes and get Shelley out of that heavy helmet.  And now I can, because homecoming is over!  We lost.  Malden's football team stinks on ice this year.

Now remember when I said above that rainy evenings put me in the mood to cuddle?  Ernest John and Alice Helene took the opportunity to chillax.
September 29th.  Another random head shot of Beryl June. 
My friend from Newfoundland likes all the dolls I've shared with her, but she hella loves Beryl June.  I'm still not sure why; popcorn Cabbies are popular, but I don't think that's Newfoundland's sole reason for loving Beryl June the best.  I need to ask her; I know she'll tell me. 

And that concludes September.  I know that I posted about feeling depressed and frustrated yesterday, and I still do, but hours after I posted yesterday I saw pictures of Hurricane Helene's effects.  The devastation in Chimney Rock, North Carolina looks like the destruction raught by the Galveston hurricane or the Johnstown flood, both of which were extremely deadly catastrophes that are still talked about in the modern day.  Later I spoke to a woman who lost her house and belongings in the flooding...including a large, visually attractive collection of vintage and antique dolls.  It just made me sick.  Helene did drop a boatload of rain on the Bootheel, and I know that some of y'all lost power.  Inconvenient?  Very.  But thank God, we have our families, our homes, our pets and possessions.  So I need to count my blessings, and I hope y'all will too.

Love,
RagingMoon1987 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, your new redheads are adorable! I didn't realize you had Antu/Penny's Box/Bonnie dolls! I have a whole flock of 'em, having had a mini obsession with that type of doll last year! I love a good jointed dolly, and I'm a teensy bit obsessive, so if I get ONE, I want MANY. LOL! Enjoy the new duds for the Cabbies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, joints on dolls rock, and these little blind box BJDs are almost always nice and tight. Setsu-P sent me Penny, one Bonnie, and Lady Doolli last fall. She also sent me a glorious Ai Doll. The Bonnie in green I bought for myself. They're great little dolls! And yeah, my mom and I have a lot of fun with doll clothes!

      Delete
  2. Late reply is very late. Much like your mail :'D
    Glad to see the little ones are finding friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drat that mail, it's not getting any better! Yes, the littles settled in very well. They'll have some more littles to play with in good time.

      Delete
  3. Gotta love Gavin's haircut, the vibe is so tied to that particular era.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete