Looking for something?

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Ain't no mama like the one I got

I like the Four Tops, but I'd love to horsewhip the one responsible for that " my word, my word, she'll obey" business.  If he's insisting that I skydive I'm smacking his face and dumping his rear.  I'll take "Reach Out I'll Be There" instead.  LOL, anyway, on September 1st Mama said to me "Well, I've been very naughty.  Do you want to know what I got you or do you wanna be surprised?"  I elected to be surprised, and yesterday this popped up in the mail. 
I LOVE TRAINS, LOL!!!  Mama said this onesie was sized for a Preemie, but it proved too small for Nathan Hunter.  It is not, however, too small for a bean-butt like Esmond Brant.  I love how the red looks with his coloration.  I don't know how easy it is to find clothes like this for bean-butts, but the outfits I do find are largely all the same.  I love knitwear, but sometimes I want a change.  The tag on the front suggests to me that this is a Play Along or Jakks Pacific outfit, by the way.
But I speak too soon, as Andrea Doria's dress is also tagged like this.  She's so complete that this dress has to be original to her.
In that case I'm doubly glad that this fits Esmond, since Kids from the Jakks and Play Along eras can run small.  That gives Esmond more clothing options in the future too.

The train onesie was a surprise, but these next few outfits I knew about ahead of time.  This one has gummy bears on it!
I forget exactly how long I've had Valencia Rose...<pauses to look>...I've had her about eight years, and in those eight years I've not once gotten her a new outfit, one that I put on her and just left her in for an extended period.  That dry spell ended on the evening of September 6th, LOL.  Val and Candela Laura are my overalls Kids, and Val takes that to the extreme end of things in that she won't wear dresses.  Y'know, just like some real little girls won't.  Candela Laura will, but she'd prefer to be comfy in jeans or rompers.

Alexandra Claire is nowhere near as picky.  She's been wearing slacks ever since I bought her, but she also loves dresses.  Case in point.
I presumed that Alexandra is a TRU Kid, because she's quite large.  But her tag says "Play Along," so I don't know.  I don't know much about TRU Kids, but I do know that they're bigger than your typical Cabbie, and Alexandra is bigger than the average Cabbie.  When I told Mama this, she delivered.  I need to get Alexandra some shoes; I said the other day that barefoot season is quickly coming to a close.

Allie Kathleen is also barefoot at the moment.  Good thing Cabbie shoes are easy to come by.  Anyway, here's her new getup.
Autumnal flowers, stripes, and polka dots for the win.  This ensemble comes with two bows, but they're good-sized bows so I only used one.  This outfit is sized for an average sixteen-inch Cabbie, which Allie more or less is.  She's a little on the small side, but she manages just fine.

To be fair, I  want to quickly say hello to my new tuftie.  His name is Ernest John, after a character in The Importance of Being Earnest, and he's got some crazy-long arms!
On September 2nd my favorite Cabbie group had a Bae Day Monday for bald and tufted Cabbies.  I have nine baldies, but I had no tufties to show.  I think tufties are adorable, by the way.  So Ernest has a lemon tuft, and since he's a Preemie with the #4 head that automatically means brown eyes.  Y'all may remember that I'm fond of brown-eyed blondes, and Ernest sweetens the deal by having a bit of a tan.  He is NOT a baked potato, just a little sun-kissed.
He doesn't have a binky yet, but that's easily remedied.  Now...I'd love to know why Coleco always saddled a particular eye color with a particular Preemie head.  This only holds true for Caucasian Preemies, but...

*#1 heads have blue eyes, like Cara Raelean and Stella Rae do.
*#2 wasn't used for Preemies that I know of, so I'm left guessing what color eyes they'd have had.
*#3 heads have green eyes.
*#4 heads have brown eyes.

Like I said, that only holds true for Caucasian dolls.  The majority of Afro-American Cabbies have brown eyes, just like all five of my AA kids do.  I've seen a small number that have some other color...but that number is very, VERY small.

So as y'all can see, the snafu with my mail on Tuesday/Wednesday was an isolated thing.  Unfortunately I do have some bad news on that end.  My favorite mail carrier is a childhood friend that I'll call K.  Sometime in August K dropped a hunting rifle butt-first onto her right big toe.  The toe was broken and the nail is gonna come off, and K is reaching the end of her time in a walking boot.  The thing is, she can't drive in a walking boot, so she can't deliver our mail.  Her doctor told her she's also got nerve damage, and she'll need some kinda injection in that toe.  K told me that if the injections don't take she won't be able to do her job, and knowing that hurt.  She's got a teenage daughter and a preteen son, and we ALL know how expensive teenagers can be.  K just seemed really down when I talked to her, so if y'all pray, please pray for her.  Send vibes, light candles, whatever.  I hate it when my buddies are injured or sick or bummed out.  That includes y'all out there reading!

Now I'm gonna set the negativity and Ernest John aside for a minute and show y'all my gifted haul.
I also have some stuff that I bought myself (I bought a yellow swing dress!), but I'll show that...oh, some other time.  Self-bought stuff isn't as special as gifts, especially gifts from one's mama!  Our birthdays are just around the corner and I need to think of something really special for her.

Hugs,
RagingMoon1987

2 comments:

  1. Awww, how sweet of your mama to get some new duds for your dolls! They all look great--I especially love that autumn dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that one's my favorite too! They're all pretty great, though.

      Delete