Looking for something?

Monday, September 9, 2024

Where's Luna?

I admit that while I wasn't immediately smitten with the Decora Girlz, my mini Decora's bright colors and goofy expression have grown on me a bit.  She's found her place among my O.M.G. dolls.
Sure, Decora is smaller than Groovy Babe and Queen Sways, but her huge eyes and bright colors help her hold her own.  I will admit that she fits in better with the Tweens, though even Bailey is bigger than Decora is. 
So I've somewhat grudgingly become a casual fan of these over-the-top dolls, enuff so that I'm searching for one of the eleven-inch dolls to review.  There are four of those, opposed to the twelve or nineteen or fifty jillion mini dolls.  There's Decora herself, Celeste, Sweetie, and Luna, with Luna's cutesy Gothic aesthetic being my favorite of the bunch.
Ay, there's the rub, as I can't find Luna ANYWHERE!!!  She's sold out on Amazon, and as of writing the sole eBay listing is ninety-six bucks and some change so forget that!  For comparison, lead girl Decora is readily available on eBay and on Amazon.  Reddit suggests that Luna simply hasn't gotten a widespread release yet, but I'm not sure I 100% buy that.  But then again, more recent Reddit posts report that Luna is indeed beginning to pop up in stores.  But either way, this garish poppet is looking to be Decora's It Girl.  Lori has a review of her over at Veni Vidi Dolli if anyone fancies a gander.

Truth be told, my favorite of the Decora Girlz is actually Buzzy, who is bee-themed.  I hope she gets made into a big doll!  As of right now the Buzz is only a mini doll...with LSU colors!
Mama and I have a fondness for LSU.  Go figure.

Something of a change of subject before I go-go.  While digging through Amazon I stumbled across this gal. 
Her name is Megan, she's a VIP Hair Makeover doll, and...sigh, that green hair is tempting, but she's kinda got a dumb face.  She reminds me LULUPOP, but those dolls have more personality.  Further, it looks like the only makeover she gets is the application of stickers, just like the Decora Girlz.  Her hair doesn't change like one of my L.O.L. O.M.G.s does.  Nor can it be swapped out, like a LIV doll.  My favorite thing about the LIV dolls was that huge array of wigs.  Just the same, I want to see Megan in person before I judge her too harshly.  Sometimes dolls don't photograph the greatest.

Okay, I'm done bazooing.  I'm gonna retreat to my cave and continue waiting for Luna.

All my love,
RagingMoon1987 

No comments:

Post a Comment