Looking for something?

Thursday, September 26, 2024

Invasion

Daleks?  Klingons?  Head lice?  No, Casa Pizarro is having an invasion of small dolls.  None of them are new; every time I visit Casa del Luna to see my animals I grab at least one of my dolls, and Sunday was no exception.  Well...maybe it was sort of an exception, because I grabbed seven small ones instead of one big one.  Some of these kids have gotten reviews (many moons ago) and some haven't.  For starters, here's my Moondreamers doll, Whimzee, my Bouncin' Baby, Tallulah, and Lime Chiffon and Orange Blossom. 
Orange Blossom is a family favorite.  Here's a better look at her face; she's got simplified features just like the original Strawberry Shortcake crew does.
I must confess that these Strawberry Shortcake dolls are addictive.  I'm patiently waiting for those jointed reboot dolls to make it to my neck of the woods; I think Blueberry Muffin would make a fine companion for Lime and Orange.

I also grabbed Suzy Cute's carrying case while I was out.  I knew that Suzy had Penny Brite in the case with her, but I'd forgotten that Tiny Cheerful Tearful was there too.
As always, Cheerful Tearful looks ill.
The way her eyes are molded and painted, looking ill is unavailable. 

Alrighty, I admit that I do have something new, though it's not a doll.  Treesa and I recently discussed my fondness for toys and dolls of the eighties, and coincidentally, I'm trying to add some touches of kidcore to my everyday style.  Just touches, crap like rings that look like Ring Pop on my fingers, and My Precious Puffs on my ponytail.  Recently I became acquainted with Furrever Friends, which are wearable toys like My Precious Puffs are.  They came in both plush and vinyl Clip 'n' Tail varieties and had tails that could be made longer with extensions that Velcroed on.  My Furrever Friend is a vinyl type with one extension, and I had hoped I could wear her as a choker.
Alas, the pink puddy tat is too short for my fat neck.  I probably could wrap her around my wrist a couple'a times, but I tossed her on Rita Cheryl instead and...kinda liked the results!
Since this Furrever Friend is pink she doesn't match Rita Cheryl's UFO-spangled ensemble, and Rita Cheryl isn't really a pink type anyway.  I had intended to let Doremi and River Song fight over it (big surprise, they don't like each other), but another doll claimed it before I could show it to them.
Baby Needs-A-Name, who else?  Two eighties toys in pink equals a surprisingly cute match.  I will admit that the cat might've matched Strawberry Shortcake, though.  Strawberry's pet was/is a pink cat named Custard.

For the record, I do have Parfait and Marmalade (Lime's and Orange's respective pets), but they would've required more digging than I'm willing to do at the moment.  I'm glad their pets have proper names, though; Lalaloopsy dolls named their pets simply "Owl" or "Butterfly."  Easy for a kid to remember, but lame for an adult collector. 

Love,
RagingMoon1987 

7 comments:

  1. I had a Furrever Friend! I'm *pretty* sure it was Snowytail. I'm also pretty sure that was spoils from one of Dad's bribery trips to Lionel Playworld (remember before TrU bought them out??) to cover his smoke breaks XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually am not familiar with Lionel Playworld! Were they a national chain like Kay-Bee or were they local?

      Delete
  2. If "east USA" is regional, then they may have been, lol. The chain started in the NE and spread from there. They had a kangaroo as a mascot and one of THE most memorable commercials. It still lives in my head next to the Wisconsin Cheese, Zesty soap and Doublemint jingles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Lionel Kiddie City turns that frown (clap, clap, clap) upside down!"

      Delete
    2. Oh NOW I know who you're talking about! I saw a news story about Cabbage Patch Kids set at a Kiddie City in New Jersey. That was back in 1983, when the hype was in full swing. No, as far as I know Missouri never had Kiddie City. We had good ol' TRU, which I loved.

      Delete
  3. What's pink, has two eyes, and is long and fuzzy? I don't know, but you're wearing it.
    (insert drum rimshot sound effect here)
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete