Looking for something?

Monday, September 9, 2024

Pulling together

Yeah, I know I posted earlier today, but Tropical Storm Francine pulled herself together.  These screenshots were taken approximately twenty hours apart. 
She's predicted to be a hurricane by the time she makes landfall, and she is predicted to make a direct hit on the Bootheel.  Landfalling tropical systems usually mean at least one tornado, so I'll have to keep a sharp lookout.
If the cone of uncertainty holds true, then Ohio may get a taste of this too.  So my friends up there, be vigilant!  Run to the grocery store for some non-perishable grub, just in case the power goes out.  We certainly will.

Unfortunately my current budget will not allow for the purchase of another popcorn Cabbage Patch Kid.  I've done that twice now in the face of a hurricane, thus why Idalia Gale and Beryl June are named what they are.  Hmmm...if I were to add another girl...what would I use as a middle name?  "Francine September" has a certain je ne sais quoi, but I can hear what Mama would say.  She'd dry heave, just like she did when I suggested that Beryl's middle name be "Tempest."  As usual, Booful Beans thinks my names are a riot.
I'm being a good girl and not buying anything, but I can still goof around.  And who knows, maybe I'll find a popcorn at the local secondhand store!  Yeah right, dare to dream!

Batten down the hatches, y'all, and pray for the Gulf Coast!

Stormy love,
RagingMoon1987 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm excited. It looks like we're in The Cone (TM) down here in H'ville. It'd be wonderful to be in the percentage of town that actually gets rain for the first time since July!
    You stay safe up there, though :'D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for the rain too. We haven't gotten a ton of it in about a month. The tornadoes I can do without.

      Delete
    2. Ah true, they're making noises about that here too. Hopefully it's just wet and windy, I'll be happy as a pig in mud about that if nothing else.

      I guess the fact that the weather guys using the word tornado and me not then losing sleep means the anxiety pills are working, lol.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, if they issue a warning in the middle of the night I just pull the cover over my head and go back to sleep.

      Delete
  2. You never really know what might turn up at a secondhand store. I've seen everything from vintage Barbie family dolls to a Silkstone Barbie to Tonner dolls at my local thrift store. There's also a church thrift store just outside the city limits where I recently saw a handmade, Cabbage Patch Kids style soft-sculpture doll. The artist who made her had even hand-signed the doll on her tush, similar to how Cabbage Patch dolls are signed. I considered picking her up to send to you, but the seam on the back of her one leg had completely come open. Hope that you made it through the foul weather.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor dolly, I'm sure I could fix her! LOL, aren't you glad we humans aren't sewn together??? If that doll were real I can only imagine how much pain she'd be in. You're quite right; thrift stores can have some awesome things. I always look, just in case, LOL.

      I don't think Francine is supposed to hit Pennsylvania, but you keep your eyes open just in case!

      Delete