Looking for something?

Saturday, July 13, 2024

The end of an era

The iron supports on my grandmother's porch are being taken out and replaced with new columns.  I'm pleased with this change, but for me change is often accompanied by a wave of nostalgia.  I used to climb on these supports (to my grandpa's chagrin), and my dolls have too on occasion.  Rita Cheryl did it a couple'a Thanksgivings ago, and Emily did it last spring.  Now Emily and Rita Cheryl are here to pay their respects.
Oh yeah, Olivia Reese is also here.  She hasn't forgotten that Emily challenged her to a climbing contest.  Is this going to be a race or a height challenge?
Olivia:  Height!!!
Emily:  Sounds good!

Let's be real, it'll end up being both a race AND a height challenge.  On your mark, get set...whoa!
Olivia:  Hey, how'd you get so far ahead???

Good question, Olivia!  I knew Emily was good at climbing, but I didn't know she was THAT good!  However, I think the real winner here may be Rita Cheryl.  She's got Emily's lollipop!
Good thing dolls don't have to worry about sharing germs!

Love,
RagingMoon1987 

2 comments:

  1. When I read the first line of this post, my mind went back to pictures you have taken on these supports. Will the new ones be conducive to doll photos as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not like the ones I've taken in the past, but they'll make a good backdrop.

      Delete