Looking for something?

Thursday, July 4, 2024

Independence Day has come again!

Independence Day has dawned...somewhat dreary and threatening, actually.  Yesterday afternoon the outlook for rain today was 50%, and it's the same now.  Last night the lightning was so close that it knocked out our internet for a spell.  That said, this is is my thirty-sixth Independence Day, and I've not yet had one 100% rained out.  We DID have a small tornado one year, late in the evening after the city's festivities took place, but even that July Fourth wasn't a complete washout.  So we'll see what the weather does.  

So as usual I've got some of my dolls gussied up in holiday-appropriate garb.  Representing my soft dolls are Nathan Hunter, Lina, Morgan, and Shelley Fred. 
If any of y'all see a patriotic-like outfit for a doll like Lina's big brother Leo, let me know.  I like how Morgan and Lina coordinate, and I'd love it if Leo could join the fun too.  But Nathan Hunter is a good companion too.  That little outfit he's wearing can be for a boy or a girl Preemie, by the way; it has a headband with a box on it, but I wanted my little Preemie boy to wear it.  Shelley Fred's outfit is my favorite, because it looks like something I'd have worn as a little kid:  a bright T-shirt and loose (sometimes rolled up) jeans.

Representing hard dolls, I have Rita Cheryl, Terri Lee, and Danica. 
Terri Lee and Morgan ended up bonding over their facial expressions (both look perpetually unhappy about something).
Don't blink, you two.  Truthfully, Terri Lee is often grumpy, so it's good to see she's made a friend.  Note to Tam, Mama doesn't like Terri Lee either!

At the very last minute I got another little dress for Morgan to wear.  Nothing like ordering something two weeks ahead of time and not receiving it until the eleventh hour.
My Child often came in little dresses or suits like this.  Sometimes the skirt and collar were red, and other times they were blue, like what Morgan has on.  I'm not a brand snob by any means, and I'm glad that Morgan and some of the Magic Nursery crew can share clothes, but it's nice to have Morgan back in a dress that was made for her.  I think I know who will be accompanying me to the fireworks show tonight...if we have fireworks.  For those of y'all who will, my usual warning:  have fun and be careful.  Don't drive drunk (or at all if you have to), don't shoot each other with bottle rockets, and use lots of sunblock.

Happy Independence Day,
RagingMoon1987

2 comments:

  1. So Terri Lee is grumpy AND mumpy. I love the sailor dress, but then, I would. I love me some nautical wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, nautical wear is cute, LOL. As for Terri Lee, I think I'd be grumpy too if I always looked like I'd had dental work done.

      Delete