Looking for something?

Saturday, July 27, 2024

Two little gifts

My friend Jessica (the same lady who gave me this doll) paid us a visit at the library today, and she brought these young ladies with her.

These little girls are music box dolls, not terribly unlike one of my Walda girls.  I received one similar to these from my grandmother; I was graduating high school then, and she played "Pomp and Circumstance."  The young lady in the flowered dress plays "Edelweiss" from The Sound of Music (which I never liked).  These dolls don't have names that I'm aware of, so the song earned her the name "Maria."

The doll in dark blue plays "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."  Mama and I heard that and simultaneously named her "Dorothy," even though she doesn't look a thing like Judy Garland.

Indeed, Dorothy looks kinda like she's seen something that freaked her out!  LOL, that's par for the course with porcelain dolls, especially the mass-produced ones.  Their eyes can be intense, and thus I can see why some folks would be creeped out by dollies like this.  But...well, I like 'em.  And as always, I send my deepest gratitude to my friend Jessica for these little gifts.  They'll join Diana on her shelf and keep her company.

Love,
RagingMoon1987

No comments:

Post a Comment