Looking for something?

Sunday, June 30, 2024

Forty-two hours

According to one of Mama's weather apps, that's all it took for Beryl to strengthen from the first screenshot to the second.  Pardon the repulsive advertisements at the top.  I'm a straight-leaning asexual, and yet I get advertisements of scantily clad women.
Beryl has not yet hit land, but she's already broken several records.  She's the earliest major hurricane on record, and I think she may be the farthest east as well.  Since she's NOT predicted to hit land for some time Beryl may stay a Cat 4 for a good stretch of time.  LOL, my mother knows of my penchant for naming dolls after hurricanes, and she had a bit of a dry heave when I told her Idalia Gale could've been Beryl Tempest instead.
Booful Beans fell over laughing when I told him.  Booful and Idalia love to tease each other.
As for me, Malden has been hot and humid, but the passage of a front has meant milder temperatures for today.  Sometimes tropical systems give the Bootheel a ton of wind (like Ike did in 2008) or rain (like Dennis did in 2005), but right now Beryl is tracking too far south to be of any consequence to my neck of the woods.  Barbados, though?  I'd batten down the hatches if I were them.

Love,
RagingMoon1987 

2 comments:

  1. We've had milder temperatures for the past couple of days up here, too. It's back to warmer weather tomorrow, but I guess that's just part of summer. Idalia certainly has an opinion about the name of Beryl Tempest too. :) I'm glad that Booful is fitting in to your little family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think she's content with "Idalia Gale." Oh yes, Boo makes friends very easily. He's won over most of the Cabbage Patch. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow for us too; as you noted, that's summer!

      Delete