Looking for something?

Sunday, June 2, 2024

Another doll named Diana

"Oh no, not another damn doll," Mama groaned as Uncle From St. Louis pulled the box from his car.  Yep, my uncle had indeed procured another porcelain doll for me.  This is her; Mama thinks she's ugly...or she did before I took her out of the box. 
According to her paperwork this doll's name is Diana (just like this doll), and she dates from the 2003 Christmas season.  I...actually don't remember what doll I received for Christmas that year, but it sure as hell wasn't Diana!  That may have been the year Grandma gave me a Nutcracker-themed doll.  But ANYWAY, here's a better look at Diana's face.  She's not the most beautiful doll I own, but I wouldn't call her ugly either.
Admittedly Diana does have a bit of a pucker that throws shadows, kinda like Kat the Time Explorer does.  Keep in mind that I don't find poor Kat particularly attractive.  

Since Diana has a holiday-flavored outfit she's got a lot of gold in the mix, but I was particularly pleased to see that her boots were gold.
Most of my porcelain dolls have black, brown, or white shoes, so these gilded boots are a pleasant surprise indeed.

Now that Diana is out of her box Mama admits that she's pretty sweet.  We both plan on using her as a Christmas decoration when the time comes.  I do hope though that my uncle doesn't bring me too many of these.  I'm already trying to offload a large quantity of porcelain dolls, mostly the ones that I bought myself and WEREN'T gifts.  So hopefully receiving more of these will be a rare occurrence.  That said, I do appreciate the sentiment behind Diana.  Uncle From St. Louis has always been that way.

Regards,
RagingMoon1987 

No comments:

Post a Comment