Looking for something?

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

The return of Lalaloopsy?

As is often the case with life I ran out of some items and had to run to the store.  As is usually the case in rural areas, the store I went to was Wal-Mart.  And as I almost always do, I gave the toy department a perusal and found some old friends.  These two I recognized on sight.

They're Lalaloopsy dolls!  Longtime fans of this blog may remember that I own a few of these.  Crumbs Sugar Cookie and Jewel Sparkles were there with their pets, as was this young lady, one of the Lalaloopsy Littles.
Wait a minute, I thought the Littles were those teeny-weeny dolls!  But then again, it's been ages since I saw these in stores, so my memory is likely flawed.  Anyway, Breeze E. Sky is undoubtedly the little sister of Cloud E. Sky, whom I remember being quite fond of.  The funny thing is, I remember Cloud in both her Lalaloopsy form and her Lalaloopsy Girl form, I remember her twin Storm, but I don't remember Breeze at all.  The wiki even states that there's a fourth sibling, Rain, whom I also don't remember.  I didn't remember Storm ever getting a regular Lalaloopsy form either (I only saw her as a Lalaloopsy Girl), but the wiki says she does have one...as of this year.

Does that mean the Lalaloopsy dolls are coming back?  Does that mean that they were never gone to begin with?  Apparently this reboot has been in the works for some time, and with me being the simpleton that I am, I didn't know it.  Oh well, that means that it's a pleasant surprise for me, since I was an unabashed fan of the Lalaloopsy dolls.  Apparently the big dolls, the Littles, and the Minis will all be back, but I'm not sure about the Lalaloopsy Girls.  I can remember hoping that Dot Starlight would be released as a Lalaloopsy Girl, but of course it never happened.  Oh well, now I have a shot at obtaining Dot in big doll form.  I hope this reboot will be successful, since the last couple of Bratz reboots didn't go so hot.

Have any of y'all seen any Lalaloopsy dolls in your neck of the woods?  Were you glad?  Or did you not give a crap?  Discuss.

Love,
RagingMoon1987

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any lately. I did love them, especially the tiny ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too! They make good props for other dolls.

      Delete
  2. I saw one of these at Walmart recently and did a double-take. It’s been a hot minute since I’d last seen these dolls outside of a thrift shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was seeing things too! Either that or they'd been buried in the warehouse and were only now seeing the light of day.

      Delete