Looking for something?

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

A little red-haired surprise

"How many red-haired eighteen inch dolls do you have?"  Mama asked me yesterday.
"One.  Felicity."  I replied.  
"Well, I got you this..." was Mama's response, and she showed me a picture of what she got.  

I'd never heard of Kennedy and Friends before Mama got this for me.  Kennedy and Friends are eighteen inch dolls like American Girls, but they're all-vinyl like Carpatina dolls.  The line consists of dark-haired Kennedy, girlfriends Cara, Ryan, Alisha, and Reagan O'Connor, and male friends Carter, Javon, and Brandon.  I wonder why Reagan is the only one who has a last name?  I wonder why Jess, Joss, and Chrissa were the only Girls of the Year who got middle names?  I guess that like naming cats, the naming of dolls is a difficult matter.  I may have to touch on that in a future post...

I don't want to review Reagan since she was a gift, but I'll give y'all a closer look at her.  Her online description says her eyes are blue, but they look gray to me.

Reagan's lips are full and pretty, not terribly unlike Paola Reina lips.

Dig these ears!  They're so realistic!

I can't photograph how nice this vinyl feels in my hands, but it really feels pleasant.  It's smooth, but it's also got a little bit of give to it.  Reagan's joints are swivel joints, and that may be the only thing I don't like about her.  

To be fair, my beloved Our Generation doll has swivel joints too.  

I never have been in love with swivel joints since they cut down on posing, but beggars can't be choosers.  Mama herself wished that she'd gotten a doll with green eyes, but that don't bother me none.  Ryan has red hair and green eyes, but her outfit isn't as cute as Reagan's.  Reagan has a giraffe on her shirt!

Reagan is the only girl wearing casual wear.  The others, especially Alisha, are wearing dressy, almost formal-type garb, while Reagan is clad in a summery ensemble consisting of the giraffe blouse, striped shorts, and white sneakers.  I like dolls that are all dressed up, but when it comes to little girl dolls I prefer the casual look.

Before wrapping this up I want to show Reagan's hair.  Mama knows I love red hair, and the doll she chose is definitely a redhead.

It falls to Reagan's mid-back and has a little bit of wave to it.  It's lovely, smooth, shiny hair.  I really love this little doll, and I wonder why I've never heard of the Kennedy and Friends line before.  I'd have to review Reagan in more detail before I'd give her my 100% stamp of approval, but I'm certainly glad to have another redhead in my collection.  Now to get some fall clothes...

As usual, I thank my lovely mother for supporting (enabling?) my hobby and for providing me with such a sweet gift.  I think she enjoys it as much as I do!

Much love,
RagingMoon1987

1 comment:

  1. I noticed that too, about the owner pics! Maybe it's time someone did something about that!

    ReplyDelete