Looking for something?

Monday, August 23, 2021

Back to school?

Yep, it's time!  The bulletin board at the library has changed, and that can only mean that the season is changing too.

SUCKAS!!!  I don't have to go back!  Haven't had to go since 2006 (college doesn't count because I loved college).  Yeah, as I've heavily implied, school starts in Malden today.  Some of the surrounding towns have already gone back, and a few lucky souls start later.  Even though Zoe, Sadie, and Justine-Marie don't have to go to school I'll share their cute dresses anyway, since it's like something I'd dress a kid in for kindergarten.

Zoe and Justine-Marie made it clear that while they like their new Lilly Pulitzer dresses, they'd prefer to save those for special occasions.  So they and Sadie spent most of the summer in these cute sundresses that their grandmother (my mama) bought for them.  Justine-Marie's dress has lemons on it!

I solemnly swear that Mama's purchase of this dress was NOT politically motivated.  Justine-Marie's dress is way cuter anyway.  All three of these dresses are halter-style, and thus her neck strings are on full display...or they would be if Justine-Marie didn't wear her backpack all the time.  She carries some necessities in there, stuff like an epi-pen and some foodstuffs that won't aggravate her shellfish allergy.

The orange dress just screams Zoe's name, so that's what she's got.

Orange and green are perfect for her, though yellow and pink would've worked just fine too.  But since Sadie is blonde it's kind of an unspoken rule that she wear pink.

Her dress is flowered like Zoe's is, but the flowers are smaller. 

If the rainy weather we've been having keeps up, these dresses may be the only colors we'll see this autumn!  It's been nothing but on-and-off rain since last Wednesday.  I had to use my freshly painted but unswept carport to take these pictures.


Happy Back-to-School Day (I'm so glad I don't have to go),
RagingMoon1987

4 comments:

  1. I love your Very Hungry Caterpillar! RIP Eric Carle. Two of my nieces (one on each side of the family) live in communities that don't start until after Labor Day, because there is still farming and 4H stuff to be done. You've reminded me that I need to get a new header for my doll blog now that we're headed out of summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting that your nieces get to start later because of farming. School in the Bootheel starts in August because of...farming! Or that was what they told my mom when she was teaching.

      Delete
  2. Oh for the days when school didn't start until September...and ended at the beginning of June! I hated school. Ivy had a lemon print dress when she was a toddler. I used to sing her a variation of the Trini Lopez song, "Lemon Tree": "Lemon dress, very pretty, and my Ivy, pretty too." Now she hates to hear even the suggestion of that song. She's a grouch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Ivy sounds like me. I'll hear some catchphrase that I liked during childhood, and I'll think "Oh my God, shut that nonsense up!" I bet Ivy's dress was cute, though! I hear you about hating school; I'm glad we don't have to go!

      Delete