Looking for something?

Sunday, October 6, 2024

The big three-seven

Yep, it's that day again!  Since it's a Sunday Mama and I are gonna chillax and lay low.  Uncle Man-Child wanted to go out to eat, but the last time we did that it was a hundred-mile round trip of nothing but him chatter-chatter-chattering.  I'm not in the mood for that, and neither Mama nor I were in the mood to go out, so we opted to...well, NOT go out!  It's a good thing we didn't too, because I woke up in a significant amount of pain and am having a hard time moving.  So we stayed home and ate pizza and exchanged the few gifts we have.  My present to Mama isn't here yet, but I know she'll like it.  It's a wooden cutting board, and it's got a pattern burned onto it using a very dangerous technique. 

As for me, my gifts consist of some wearables, plus one doll.
How the sam-hill Mama knew I'd like this one, I don't know.  I've been vocal about my fondness for Asian Cabbage Patch Kids, but I never told Mama that I had my eye on this specific outfit.  This doll is a Jakks Pacific Kid, and she's a "Preppy Girl."
I knew that this line had a lot of cute ones, but my favorites have always been Preppy Girl and Skater Boy.
Regarding my doll, her name is Margot Madeline, and she also just had a birthday.  Please ignore the fact that I put the birth certificate in the envelope the wrong way. 
Included with Margot is this little card, stating her favorite things.  It surprised me that she likes to paint, seeing she's not Artsy Girl.  She also apparently likes playing sports and scary stories, which I can dig.
Now here's Margot Madeline out of her box and looking VERY pleased about it.  She still smells faintly of baby powder.
Look at that smug little face!  She reminds me of Coleco #15, who also has a huge smile.
I love Jakks Pacific and Play Along Kids!  All Cabbies have their merits, but dolls from these two eras have the best faces.

And as far as I know, that will be my birthday for now.  Nice and quiet without a lot of hullabaloo.  I'm thankful that I have a roof over my head and clothes on my back, particularly when so many to the east don't have those.  Helene's death toll keeps rising, and there's ANOTHER storm in the Gulf of Mexico, predicted to track right over Florida!  Y'all down there, I'd be getting outta dodge if I were y'all!  Be safe!

Love,
RagingMoon1987 

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, chica! What a nice Cabbie joined your family! I rocked preppy style in high school, or at least I like to think I did. I definitely am also counting my blessings right now too. I can't imagine having my life and my neighborhood completely turned upside down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, those folks have been in my prayers a lot. It just makes me sick looking at that damage. I wonder how they'll recover from all that! LOL, regarding high school style I was a hippie all the way, tie-dyed shirts and all. Loved every second of it.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Moon! Love Preppy Girl, and how sweet of your mama to get her! Whenever I see a batch of Cabbies at an antique store, I think of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I have one. When hubby and I were dating, he got me one of the first ones. She's around here somewhere, along with one or two of the outfits I sewed for her!

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure if you meant to omit it on purpose, but Margot Madeline's birthday is not visible in the photo due to the Birth Certificate being upside down and not lining up properly with the window in the envelope.
    Signed, Treesa
    P.S. I need to get my rear in gear and get your birthday present mailed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, it was an oversight, and the onset of a food coma. Margot Madeline's birthday was on October 2nd.

      Delete
  4. Happy Moonday! Glad it was comfy and quiet, at least, that's always a bonus.
    Margot is too darn cute XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moonday, I love it! Thank you, and yeah, it was pretty cozy. Gorgeous myself on pizza and slept like a baby.

      Delete