Looking for something?

Thursday, October 17, 2024

Hello, baby brother or sister!

I never have seen any of those The Land Before Time movies all the way through, but I do remember that scene in the second flick where Ducky talks to her "baby brother or sister" who was, at that moment, still unhatched (it ended up being Chomper).  I loved and still love Ducky, by the way; she's so innocent and genuine.  Anyway, there's not much to the Cuddle On Delivery dolls, other than their charismatic faces.  All Marta Angela has to her name are her diaper, her hair bow, her name bracelet, and her keyring.

Indeed, I usually just leave Marta in Olivia Reese's care.  Neither of them seem to mind terribly.

Every so often I decide to browse eBay for other variants of this doll, and this month I decided to try again for a boy.  This little doll is white and teal-eyed, as apposed to the dark, butterscotch-eyed Marta, but that matters naught to them.

This one's funny.  He/she is derping, kinda like Idalia Gale does.  They kinda look like they're gonna lick the window, like I did when I was a kid.

Now...remember how I said that these Cuddle On Delivery dolls gave Cabbage Patch Kids some serious competition?  I even see the similarities in their names!  Both lines have a first name and a middle name.  The original Cabbies were usually named old-fashioned names (or stuff that didn't really fit a child doll, like Cleopatra Chantale), and C.O.D. followed that trend as well.  I saw a little boy on eBay named Lucas Angus, and girls named Raphaela Celine and Victoria Anastasia.  Lordy, more big names for little dolls!  I'm glad that Marta got saddled with something easy to remember.  So let's bust this baby out of its box.  Remember that pink stamps on the diaper mean a girl, and blue stamps mean a boy.  And...

...yay, I got a boy!  The eBay seller admitted that this little guy had been lightly used, but I couldn't see his stamps on the listing.  However, I did see them through the plastic window, so I knew before opening that he was a boy.  I couldn't see his name, though.  It is...

...wait a minute, what???  That's definitely not a boy's name.  This doll IS secondhand, so maybe someone threw her in the wrong diaper before boxing her up...or someone threw HIM in the wrong bracelet.  I doubt that though, since those ID bracelets fit tightly and are hard to undo.  Anyway, Athena Roberta has head mold D, and that head is christened "So Silly" by PrillyCharmin.  Athena's Baby Face counterpart would thus be the hard-to-find So Silly Sally.  Good thing I'm not planning on pairing either Marta or Athena with their analogous Baby Face dolls, LOL!  So I got another girl, albeit one in a boy's diaper.  Of course that matters naught to Athena and Marta.  They're already plotting all sorts of mischief.  Olivia Reese is gonna have her hands full!

It should probably not surprise any of y'all that I am now looking for a red-haired Cuddle On Delivery doll.  Doesn't look like there's too many of 'em, but one can look, right?  Maybe I'll find a red-haired boy.

Love,
RagingMoon1987 

No comments:

Post a Comment