Looking for something?

Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Target

Black, white
Day, night
No one's fussy, I'm a target!

--Joe Jackson, "Target"

My doctor diagnosed me with a brown recluse bite, and indeed said bite is beginning to take on the classic bullseye look.  It's hard to tell in this picture, but it's doing it.  Please do not shoot at me.

I'm currently on a strong oral antibiotic and a topical medicine, and I was told to keep a sharp eye on it and to keep it uncovered.  So that's precisely what I'm gonna do.  On the good side of the moon, I've lost twenty-three pounds since February, and the doctor said my carotid artery sounds clear (she took a stethoscope and listened!).  So except for the bite on my right leg and the arthritis in my left leg I'm in pretty good shape!

So I'm kicking back, taking my medicine, and watching mayhem unfold in Florida.  They've already had a trillion tornadoes, and the hurricane hasn't even made landfall yet.  As usual, both to keep myself occupied and to put something, ANYTHING doll-related in this post, here's my cuddle buddies for the evening.  I've got the new girl, Margot Madeline, and my old favorite, Beryl June. 

What a couple'a hams!

Love,
RagingMoon1987 

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I hope you recover quickly. I'm glad you have so many friendly faces to keep you upbeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually on the mend the next day! The lesion is almost gone. I may have a small scar, but NBD.

      Delete