Looking for something?

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

It's our turn

In past years my neck of the woods might've already had a day or two where the weather was violent enuff to tie on one's boots and say fervent prayers.  This year the weather decided to hold off until tonight, May eighth...or it did for me.  I know that sh!t got real for parts of Michigan and Ohio last night (Tam, Barb, I hope y'all are okay), and the Great Plains have had a steady stream of tornadoes.  But tonight it's my turn.  I've picked out who I want to grab if it gets truly violent.  I would grab Geneva too, but I'd prefer to carry her in a sling.  So it's just these three.
It's been so I since I played with Rita Cheryl that when I picked her up her hair was dusty.  Then there's Idalia Gale, my favorite of the Cabbage Patch Kids (I admit it), and Lina, the Magic Nursery baby.  Lina has become a favorite of ours, period.  
I was monkeying with Lina's hair last night and I discovered that she has a part.  Hence the pigtails.  Her hair is a really beautiful shade of blonde, too.  She's got some reddish highlights in there.
Treesa, ol' buddy, you outdid yourself with this little gal!

And with that, we're now under a tornado watch.  Time to batten down the hatches!

Lightning love,
RagingMoon1987 

10 comments:

  1. All is well here. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We made it through okay, thank God. Annapolis and Des Arc (both north of here) didn't fare as well.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, they finally came straight through town down here (I'm normally inside the magic city donut of protection). North and east of us got hammered and I'm considering moving out to Arizona or someplace else without tornadoes :'D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl, your town got hit??? I'm sorry to hear it!

      Delete
    2. I mean... I guess luckily? the worst missed me and everyone I know directly. Everyone east over toward Georgia survived (and so did their dogs, as the news pointed out lol). TN got it really bad in comparison.

      I just don't like the 'nader experience. You can't do anything about them and they're random. This from the woman who went outside at the tender age of six with everything considered super important in her pink vinyl school backpack to stare down the approaching thunderstorm...

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah, I heard someone died in Columbia, Tennessee. And I saw on the radar that Georgia got it pretty rough this morning too. Seems tornadoes have a personal beef with the south.

      I never have fancied the idea of experiencing a tornado either. I'm fascinated by 'em, and I'd love to see one off at a distance, but having one blow down my house...no thanks.

      Delete
    4. You sound like me with water: I love to be around it and look at it, but I'm not getting in it! I don't much like driving over it either. (I freaked out all the way across the Ohio river when I had to drive the van onto a ferry to cross to the Rosemary Clooney house on the other side, in Kentucky.) Maybe that's why I'm fascinated with the Titanic, and terrified of boats.

      Delete
    5. Can you swim? I can't, and I'm TERRIFIED of water.

      Delete
  3. We're okay here too, RM; thank you. I heard there were a few places in Michigan that got hit, including a FedEx warehouse. I just watched an interesting video on storm chasers the other day. Did you know Benjamin Franklin was the first storm chaser?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did know that, yes! Tom Grazulis talks about Ben Franklin's outing with a small tornado in one of his books. Leave it to a founding father to be the first known storm chaser!

      Yeah, I heard about the FedEx warehouse. Mama says she hopes nothing she bought is coming from there!

      Delete