Looking for something?

Sunday, May 5, 2024

Lina steals the show

No matter what type of day I'm having, it always cheers me up to receive a package from a friend.  I like giving gifts too, don't get me wrong, LOL!  But last Saturday was a nice enuff day; Coworker A was in a good mood, and I saw some of my favorite patrons, and Uncle Man-Child didn't ask me any stupid questions.  The printer did crap out at the library so that was a bummer, but that didn't completely spoil the day.  So I was already in a good mood when I saw this box on my porch, but it was still good to see it.  

This package is another one from Treesa, and as usual she loaded it with cute stuff.  She initially emailed me about another of those cute Disney diaper sets (one like these), so imagine my surprise when I opened the box and saw a little bare tushie and two stubby legs.  "Oh my word, she sent me another Cabbage Patch Kid," I said to my mother.  Then I saw this!
"Ohhhhh...that's no Cabbie!" I marveled.  
"Awww, that's a cute one," Mama added.  And indeed she is.  Treesa sent me my very own Magic Nursery baby, and in an adorable outfit. 
I saw that little stockinette bootie and completely forgot that Cabbage Patch Kids all have signatures on their butts.  It was Saturday afternoon, okay???  I'd just gotten off work and wasn't thinking too straight.  I like Magic Nursery dolls A LOT, though.  Y'all have never seen my triplets, but they'll make great siblings for "Lina," as I've temporarily christened her.  That name sounds familiar...<pauses to look>  no, Miss Emily's Magic Nursery baby was MINA, not Lina.  My triplets have "L" names, so I'm glad Lina will work.  Lina is roughly the same size as her fellow Pennsylvanians, Lucey Dena and Leslie Emily, meaning that mayyyybe they can share clothes?  Because THIS is what Treesa told me she'd send, and I already know it'll fit Lucey and Leslie. 
In the last post about these clothing sets I mentioned that I'd developed a fondness for the Minnie Mouse set, and here it is!  These sets fit small-bodied Cabbies like Lucey Dena and Leslie Emily, and indeed Lucey did need something to cover her tushie until recently.  Mama bought me the cutest stinkin' winter outfit, and it came with some panties so Lucey is covered.  Lina, on the other hand...well, let's see how these fare.
It's a bit snug on Lina, but not prohibitively so.  I love how the colors coordinate with Lina's stock dress, by the way.  The sleeves peep out a tiny bit and look cute.
Treesa's note says that she found Lina at a flea market right before closing, and the vendor didn't want to drag the doll home so Treesa got her for a buck.  It was a buck well-spent, Treesa!  Lina is a hit with both me and my mama!  I have always nursed a fondness for these soft little Cabbie competitors, and now I have one.  Thank you!

In true Treesa fashion the box came with some other bits and bobs, including some Build-a-Bear stuff.  There were two Small Fries in the mix, Peter Rabbit and a brightly colored girl cat in a tutu.
This skateboard is for the bigger critters, the ones Floppy Cat's size.  Maybe this coming summer Flaxie and Joss Kendrick can tear up the pavement together. 
Rounding out the Build-a-Bear stuff is this silver heart wristie.  A larger critter like Floppy Cat would normally hold it, but Peter and his friend can hold it too.
Then there's this doll-sized tin suitcase, and...I presume that those are Fingerlings on the sides.  Here's one side...
...and the other.
Trees wrote that she thought the contents were Bratz stuff, and she's not too far off.  I recognize the shirt and pants as O.M.G. stuff, and I think the dress might be a Sparkle Girlz dress.
Then there's a miniature Cabbage Patch Kids high chair box, which my tiny dolls will like...
...and this cute little Cabbage Patch Kids-themed Happy Meal toy.  The horse really rocks.
The sky shifts too, from day to night and back again, but I forgot to show that. 

Lastly is this cute little Kelly clone, with lovely red hair and an obvious Little Mermaid theme.
The point of this box was supposed to be the Minnie Mouse set, and I like everything I got as usual, but Lina really stole the show!  I'd been waffling on buying a larger Magic Nursery doll (the triplets I own are about the size of a Beanie Baby), but I ended up not needing to, LOL!  Once again, Treesa, I thank you a million times for the stuff.  You're awesome. 

And to the rest of y'all, if you run into a Magic Nursery boy during your day out, take his picture!  As with the Cabbies, I love boy dolls.

Hugs and kisses, 
RagingMoon1987 

6 comments:

  1. Maybe you were thinking of Emily's Barbie, Lena.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops, yeah, that's probably it. In truth I just picked the first "L" name that came to mind, so that she'll match my triplets.

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you had the Magic Nursery Triplets. One of my sisters had those when we were kids.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have the trips, but they weren't gifts, LOL. I'll drag 'em out and do a post on 'em...someday. But seriously, I've carried Lina around all weekend, and she'll likely be the first doll I pick up when I get home. I thank you a lot!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely surprise for you RM, though it was the rabbit that made me smile the most, he's soooo cute!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He IS cute! He'll fit in nicely with my other stuffed animals, especially the little ones.

      Delete