Looking for something?

Friday, April 19, 2024

New threads for springtime

While I am failing at cutting back on buying dolls, clothes are another story entirely.  Y'all probably noticed that back during Easter, LOL.  A little outfit can easily be folded and tucked away when not in use, so I've shown...well, I've shown a little discretion when buying doll clothes.  If it's unique, I get it.  Such was the case with Geneva's loud little number.  Y'all got a peep at this one when she posed with Justin last Monday.
Geneva is life-sized (duh, she IS Real Baby), so I probably could've run to Wal-Mart and gotten her some infant clothes...but why do that when Etsy has cute things?  The shop is MamaPsCrafts, the same bunch that supplied Geneva's Sylvester dress.

My Paola Reina girls, Imani and Mar, were both wearing their Christmas dresses up until fairly recently.  Mar's dress had the Grinch on it, so what's not to like?  But I bit the bullet and got a new sundress for her.  This came from MiniatureCoutureShop, based in Poland.
For some weird reason a lot of my Paola Reina outfits come from somewhere in Europe.  I guess it's because Paola Reina itself is based in Spain.  I don't have too much of a problem buying foreign, except that it takes forever for the item in question to clear customs.  When that coronavirus crap was a big deal the wait was even more of a pain in the posterior, so I should probably just shut face and enjoy this little outfit.  

Yellow was/is kinda a thing for me this spring, as Imani shows.  Imani is easier to dress than Mar is, for this reason or that.
I tend to gravitate towards saffron and mustard shades for Imani, since both colors look great with her vinyl.  But let's face it:  dolls (and people) of color can wear just about anything and look nice.  SabinaSew is based here in the U.S., and they make clothes for dolls Imani's size, for dolls Mar's size, and for American Girls.  Some of their Minikane-sized stuff is jewel-toned and thus perfect for Imani.  I'll be visiting there again.

Of course it isn't one of the Moon Girl's posts if I don't make some reference to either American Girls or Cabbage Patch Kids, so...here's Cara Raelean.  In yellow.  Proprietor of this outfit was the eBay shop new2u2co.
Preemie Cabbies aren't the easiest to dress, so when I find something that I like I try to snap it up.  This is the second of Cara's yellow outfits; she wore the first one all through winter, and the booties she's wearing are part of that outfit.  I love the big bonnet, by the way.  Babies don't oft wear bonnets anymore, but they sure do look cute in them.

In keeping with the orange/yellow theme, y'all probably know that if anyone in my dolly troop is gonna get something new it'll either be Idalia Gale or Rita Cheryl.  Etsy shop is pac44, the same bunch that made Candela Laura's elephant outfit.  Y'all got a peep at this one back on the eighth.
Chickens!  My sister works with cows and not chickens, but if I see any little outfit that's farm-themed I...well, I'm at least gonna like it!  The sleeves even have CHICKEN WIRE printed on them!  See?
I love that touch and I wonder where the seller found fabric like that.  Fabric of ANY kind is some kind of pricey now.

I got a mouse sleeper for Shelley Fred.  This was another Etsy find, from twinmom3615.
Shelley came wearing my favorite Coleco outfit, the denim bubble butt romper, so it's hard for me to redress him.  Nothing he wears seems to look as cute as that romper.  Still, I think the mouse sleeper does him pretty good, though his ears like to flop in his face.
One of my other boys, Hugo Jack, is also difficult to redress.  He looks good in his Russian outfit, and...very little else suits him.  Maybe this Star Wars getup will do him.
C'mon, y'all know I'm a nerd to the hilt!  I've still not seen any of the Star Wars movies, but I can pretend my dolls have.  And I gotta admit that Hugo looks pretty cute in his new getup.  He'll be in this for awhile, even though it's a smidge big.  Remember how I'm always saying that Idalia Gale is big for a Cabbie?  Hugo Jack is small for a Cabbie.  He's close to my Preemies in size, but not quite as small.  I know that I've griped in the past about Cabbies being inconsistent in size, but paradoxically I kinda like that too.  Just makes 'em even more of individuals, AND it makes them like real kids.  When I was young I was big for a girl, and my best male friend was small for a boy.  As I've said before, humans are weird.

Mama was nice enuff to get an outfit for Candela Laura, but it's not here yet so y'all will have to wait.  I also have yet another outfit for Cara Raelean, and the two follow a color them that ISN'T yellow, so I may make a brief post when Candela's outfit comes.

Love,
RagingMoon1987

2 comments:

  1. You've never seen a Star Wars movie? Who are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would it make things better or worse if I told you I've seen "The Phantom Menace"? I admit that I didn't want to say I'd seen it and liked it, LOL.

      Delete