Looking for something?

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Time to gripe: just venting about our mail service

I wanna ask y'all, has your mail service been ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC lately???  This mainly applies to my American readers, but non-Yanks are free to answer too.  Admittedly most of the things I've ordered have either arrived on time or haven't had enuff time to arrive, but I've got two parcels that haven't updated in quite some time.  The first item is (spoiler alert) another My Twinn.  Her tracking number says she was supposed to be here on Monday, and it's Wednesday now and she's still not here.  Indeed, her tracking number insinuates that she hasn't even made it to St. Louis.

Even more alarming is a set of dollhouse items that I bought clean back in March.  Those were scheduled to arrive April 11th at the latest and did make it to St. Louis, but on the fifteenth the tracking number read "arriving late."  It hasn't updated since.  And what day is it today, kids???  The twenty-fourth!

To add to that, I've spoken to one of my friends, who is a mail carrier.  She told me that our local P.O. has had a helluva time keeping new workers on.  K told me that the new hires would come in, work for maybe a week or two, and then either quit or just not show up.  So the P.O. here has been both slow as molasses and understaffed.  The man who delivers Uncle Man-Child's mail sometimes doesn't show up until after dark, which is saying quite a bit since the days are getting longer.  I don't fault the poor carriers for this, of course.  One can't control what lazy new hires do or don't do.  And who knows?  Maybe the boss is an a-hole.  I doubt that's the issue (we'd have heard, LOL), but you never know.

So here I sit, waiting for my poor dolly and for my dollhouse trinkets, and wondering if the issues at Malden's P.O. are more widespread.  If places like Hazlewood (usually my mail's last stop before it reaches Malden) are having the same problems then I'll understand a little bit more.  Yeah, it doesn't make the waiting any less annoying, but I'd understand at least.  BUT...what if that's NOT the issue and the people between here and there are just idiots?

How about you, Rosemary?  What say you about this mess?
Rosemary is more focused on the fleabane growing in Uncle Man-Child's yard  (she and I both love fleabane).  I'm the one that wants a new wig for her.  Her current wig looks cute, but the cap is too small and it won't stay on.  The new wig is coming from St. Peters, which is a St. Louis suburb...so God only knows when or if it'll get here.  We'll see.

Hugs,
RagingMoon1987

9 comments:

  1. It's not just you. Mostly my stuff's been getting here on time, but I usually order domestic and we have a local Amazon warehouse, which works in my favor. The neck adapter for Honey is coming from Lithuania, though, and seems to be taking an extended vacation with Customs in Miami?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lordy, I hope you get that thing. Waiting is so frustrating! That said, I'm glad it's not just me.

      Delete
  2. We've been having issues here too! Just plain ol volume I guess.

    (Oh, hello. Long time follower here.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed hearing from you! Yeah, I figure the volume is high...among other things.

      Delete
  3. Things are bad with the postal service all over the US. I've heard that the new sorting facilities that were built are not up to the task. One item that I sent out to a person in Pennsylvania seemed to make a U-turn and come back to a city in Ohio, before it fortunately arrived where it was supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'all are making me feel a lot better about the situation I'm in. On the good side I got a notification that my doll made it to Cape Girardeau early this morning. Poor thing, if she were a real little person she'd be exhausted!

      Delete
  4. Well, as we know, the government has been trying to kill off the post office for years. The current postmaster general got rid of loads of sorting machines, making everything slower. Emma has a friend who worked as a mail carrier, and she hated her job. She had to arrive before daylight and sort the mail for her route, and then walk around all day delivering it, with nowhere to go to the bathroom! She got very tanned, which left her with 'farmer tan', which showed in her bridesmaid dress when Emma got married. But you know what? Everybody has the same complaints about their postal service, no matter where they live. My friends in England, Germany, and Belgium have all said the exact same things we complain about here! So I guess it's universal. Maybe we expect too much of postal services in the modern world. Anyway, I have sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I'll go check. And don't get me started about our blankety-blank government. Y'know what Ringo Starr once said: everything the government does turns to crap. He's not too far off. I feel for Emma's friend, too. My friend has to work in all sorts of adverse weather, and at ridiculous hours. A lot of times when a package or a bill is a day or so late, she takes the heat from the irate recipient. Poor girl is a victim of the system just like we all are. The saga of my missing My Twinn has a happy ending, by the way. Will update tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. I sent you another email.

      Delete