Looking for something?

Sunday, February 25, 2024

Life is good in L.O.L. Land!

Normally I'd be asleep on a Sunday afternoon, but I tumbled out of bed during my attempt at a nap and got stuck between the frame of the bed and a chest of drawers.  Mama helped me get free, but I was so shaken and disgusted that I reneged on the nap and am now sitting up talking about dolls.  'Cause that's how I roll.

Yes, I had to be oot and aboot on a Sunday.  Went to fetch coin wrappers and other sundries, and while we were out I gave Dexter's Wal-Mart a gander.  I'm looking for G3 Venus McFlytrap.  I didn't locate the goddess of green today, but I did notice that the L.O.L. Surprises are going in an interesting direction.  The Tweens have switchable heads!  There were four of them in all, and I regrettably did not look at the backs of the boxes to see if they had names.  I had to google that bit.  This one is Curls-2-Crimps Cara.
Braids-2-Waves Winnie has a peace sign hand!
Bronze-2-Blonde Billie is my favorite.  I love the secondary head's heart pupils. 
Then there's Buns-2-Braids Bailey, with radically different hair colors.
Swapping heads is nothing new among dolls; both Barbie and the Bratz did it at one time or another.  I freaking loved the Bratz' Head Gamez line, by the way.  I'd hoped to pick up some Head Gamez pieces last fall when Bratz Fever hit, but those older dolls are hella expensive on eBay.  These new Tweens aren't exactly cheap themselves, at thirty bucks a pop, thus why I didn't bring one home...yet.  I will eventually, LOL.  Oh yes, there's also extra heads to be had.  These three are my favorites. 
Some collectors and parents find this head-swapping gimmick a little freaky, but...well, other collectors rebody their dolls all the time.  I've done it myself!  Such a shenanigan becomes necessary if the old body breaks or wears out.  So I'm delighted to see these swapping heads on shelves!

This other gimmick has been out awhile, but I think it's cute so I'm including a picture.  The original L.O.L. Surprises are taking pages out of Nenderoid's book.
Switchable faceplates!  Some of FairyLand's ball-jointed dolls had this option, as did Monster High's Inner Monsters and What's Her Face's Fab Faces.  Oh, those Inner Monsters were fun!  I still have my two in storage.  This too is a fun concept for the L.O.L. squad, particularly since their default expressions can be kinda bland.  But I was super-excited to see the return of clothes for these small dolls.
Remember Fashion Crush?  There were cute little outfits, but they were suspended in this greasy, messy Jell-O stuff that one had to smash.  Not my favorites dolly gimmick, and I'm glad it went the way of the dodo.  But I did miss the little outfits, and I'm glad MGA Entertainment brought 'em back...in a less slimy package, no less.

So, what's new for y'all out there?  Have any of y'all seen these in stores and developed opinions?  Or are these bug-eyed dolls not your thing?  Admittedly, they're not for everyone. 

Love,
RagingMoon1987 

2 comments:

  1. Well this post gave me a good laugh to start my day off! I would say that 'how you roll' is behind the bed! I still need to send you those pictures of the Bratz dolls and stuff. I keep finding more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take your time, I know you've been busy! LOL, yep, I'd say that behind the bed is definitely how I roll!

      Delete