Looking for something?

Sunday, July 16, 2023

National Ice Cream Day

Once again the heat is on here in the Bootheel, and the coming week looks to be worse.  I'm getting to the point where I hate summer even more than I hate winter, which is quite a concession on my behalf.  But it's been humid again, and the nights are no longer dipping into the sixties, AND like I said above it's gonna get hotter around the middle of the week.  So I'm holed up with Uncle Man-Child AGAIN, and when that happens I try to stay away from him as much as possible.  I've been outside a lot despite the heat, looking for good places for dolly pics and for cicada husks.  One of the trees in the backyard has a nice big knothole at the base, perfect for an American Girl-sized doll to sit. 

Why is that a big deal today?  Because today is National Ice Cream Day.  While Mama and I enjoy small cones of chocolate soft serve (the only stuff that doesn't make us sick), Rita Cheryl is indulging in a cone of her favorite flavor, mint chocolate chip.  Mmmm, I like that combo too!
Not too long ago I made a long, largely pointless discussion on my bow blog about how I like ice cream, but how it doesn't like me much.  Not in large amounts, anyway.  No one should be eating large amounts of ice cream anyway since that much sugar would make ANYONE sick.  But anyway, Rita Cheryl likes her ice cream with bells and whistles (almost literally, LOL).  It's got a gummy bear and a few other items that one might see on one of those freakshakes at Walt Disney World.
Disney doesn't stop there.  One of their eat joints has something called a "Kitchen Sink Sundae," which has everything INCLUDING a small kitchen sink!  Ordering one is such a big deal that the restaurant makes an announcement for everyone inside to hear.  Don't try to tackle that bad boy alone, though; the menu states that it can feed at least four people.  Blech, too much sugar for me, AND they put in those nasty gummy orange slices!!!  I prefer my ice cream the way Simply Orange prefers their juice:  "simply un-fooled-around-with."  My favorite flavors are chocolate, chocolate's cousin rocky road, and butter pecan, the last of which is growing increasingly hard to find.  I also like Neapolitan and those mint shakes that McDonald's puts out during St. Patrick's Day, and the occasional Drumstick, but usually I'm a plain old chocolate girl.

Eat and enjoy, Rita Cheryl!  Unlike me you don't have to worry about counting calories or getting an upset stomach...unless I decide to pretend the latter.
"You wouldn't do that, would you???"

Oh, mayyyyyybe...LOL.  No, I wouldn't do that.  I want my kiddies to enjoy their food.  Besides, Rita Cheryl has been a busy lady lately, and I think she deserves a treat with no strings attached.

Happy National Ice Cream Day,
RagingMoon1987

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE ice cream, and like Monty Python's Mr. Neutron, "I can eat enormous quantities of ice cream." I am not supposed to eat chocolate anymore, but I have been lately. Going to have to cut back. Instead, I often eat...wait for it! Butter Pecan. It's not hard to find here, but my other not chocolate favourite, Spumoni is. (I can not eat the chocolate part...) I bet I could finish off one of those huge Disney ice creams. I can't eat a lot of most foods, but I could manage to slide down that ice cream. Sugar doesn't bother me, nor does dairy. Of course, most ice cream doesn't have much, or ANY, dairy anymore. That's probably why you can eat soft serve: non dairy. Have you tried those pills for lactose intolerance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't! I need to try that, and so does my mom. Milk has always made her sick.

      Delete