Looking for something?

Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Flying solo

The forecast claimed that it would be cooler, but lo and behold it's still "balls soup hot," as my sister would put it.  So Mama and I are camping at Uncle Man-Child's place again.  As always, I have Rita Cheryl with me, but this time she's flying solo.  River Song and Aimee promised to watch Emily.  Freed from her responsibilities, Rita Cheryl is chillaxing.
Independence Day dinner consisted of baked potatoes and meat patties for the humans, and pizza and watermelon lemonade for Rita Cheryl.  I have my doubts about combining watermelon with lemonade, but Rita Cheryl is clearly enjoying it.

At the moment the house is surrounded by firecrackers and bottle rockets, but I have my doubts about the city firework show tonight.  Tonight's forecast calls for thunderstorms. 
I've lived through three decades of July 4ths, and not once can I remember it being bad enuff to cancel fireworks altogether.  Granted, we did have a small tornado one year, and it hit the airbase where the fireworks are usually held.  But thank God, the tornado hit well after the evening's events took place.  Some minor damage was done, but no one got hurt.  Hopefully tonight will go off without a hitch.

Happy Independence Day, 
RagingMoon1987 

No comments:

Post a Comment