Looking for something?

Saturday, July 1, 2023

A change in the weather

Yesterday it was hotter than Hades here in the Bootheel, and the early part of today was much of the same...until about three o'clock, that is.  Then the weather shifted.
The heat was promptly replaced with a severe thunderstorm, complete with heavy rain, some fairly strong winds, and lightning that was too close for comfort.  Now it's...oh, eight-forty isn't far off, and Malden is getting hit by another strong (not violent) thunderstorm.  

While all this was going on I've been working on some new material for the blog, and I had these three thrown together on one of the chairs.  I admit that I tweaked their positioning a little. 
Rita Cheryl has her hands full...literally!  Emily is afraid of the lightning, while Mar claims that she's protecting both her friends.  In truth she doesn't like the lightning either but doesn't want to admit it. 

Yes, this pet's name is Mar.  I don't like it much, but that's her name for now.
So much for me only owning one Paola Reina doll!

The good part about these storms is that they appear to be breaking the heat.  It's still supposed to be in the nineties tomorrow, but the heat index won't be in the triple digits.  Cooler nights mean that Mama and I can finally go home and sleep in our own beds.  I'm looking forward to that!

Hugs and lightning, 
RagingMoon1987 

No comments:

Post a Comment