Looking for something?

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

More than one way

They always say that there's more than one way to skin the cat, right?  Well in my case there's more than one way to break the rules.  I'm not supposed to have my dolls at work (I used to use them as decorations), but I sneak Rita Cheryl in when I know there'll be a lot of children around.  Don't tell anyone, LOL.  Today I obtained a new way to break rules...a way that I didn't think of until I saw this on Etsy.
Some of y'all may remember that I like to wear hair bows, the bigger and goofier the better, and this one fits that criteria nicely.  It's not the biggest bow I own, but it IS one of the loudest, and look who's attached to it!
April Sunsplash, one of my favorite Lalaloopsy dolls.  I never had her in big form, and for some dumb reason it never occurred to me to get her in mini form either, even though one of my American Girls collects Lalaloopsy dolls.  Oh well, now she rides my ponytail!  April's accessories are also present...
...as is her pet.  
This bad boy will be fun to wear during high winds, by the way!  The wind catches the streamers and blows them around like mad, which I love.  Anyway, if you're nuts like me and like to wear hair bows, or if you have/know little ones who like hair bows, the shop is named AMWBowtique...or it was.  Click on the link now and you get a dead link for reasons I don't know.  And that's just within the past day or so; last Saturday the shop was alive and kicking.  But either way the shop made over-the-top hair bows in a wide array of sizes, colors, and themes, ranging from Minnie Mouse and Little Miss Sunshine to orange Fanta to Pennywise!  Before the shop disappeared from Etsy there were two other Lalaloopsy bows available, one sporting my old buddy Pix E. Flutters and the other emblazoned with Confetti Carnivale.  The bows were a little pricey, but you got what you pay for (the bows I have are made of vegan leather and are very sturdy), and the shop offered coupons as thank yous to return buyers.  I bought four bows from this shop in all, and each time I got a little clip as a freebie (one time I even got a BIG clip).  

The proprietor's decision to utilize Lalaloopsy dolls in her bows reminds me of a post Miss Emily did once.  Emily apparently wondered more than once what happens to blind bag toys when their usefulness has ended, and...well, I wondered the same thing!  The last thing the world needs is more plastic in landfills!  In Miss Emily's case, she found someone on Instagram called Mischa's Toy Jewels, whom I probably need to hit up in the future because why the heck not?  Emily's post is HERE, and Mischa's Instagram page is HERE.  Mischa was in turn inspired by a lady named Asha, whose Instagram page is HERE.  It's good to see other Etsy stores doing something similar with small toys, and I hope that maybe AMWBowtique will reappear and do more of these doll-themed bows.  Maybe some with those miniature L.O.L. Surprises, like Mischa's has done, or those little Care Bear figurines, or Shopkins?  Just a thought.  And if the store doesn't come back I've got four bows that I can enjoy.  One of 'em has the Saggy Baggy Elephant on it; anything that is Little Golden Book-themed is a win with me.

As a last little addendum, I found a box while mining for doll clothes, and the box contained several bows that I'd forgotten about.  Among them was this one, emblazoned with a headshot of Pillow Featherbed.  Several of her friends are also along. 
I had a Lalaloopsy bow all along and didn't know it!  Now that I think about it, I remember buying it, being disappointed that it wasn't huge, and casting it aside.  The size doesn't bother me now, LOL!  Granted, it doesn't have a repurposed Lalaloopsy doll on it, but it's still a perfectly fine bow.  Such happy colors are perfect for the oncoming spring.

Love and hair baubles,
RagingMoon1987

EDIT, 3/9/23:  Per Michelle Bogart's request, here are the other three bows.  The bee bow was the first one; the bee in the center is squishy. 
Here's the Saggy Baggy Elephant bow.  Being a librarian, I look forward to wearing this one.
And lastly, here's the ice cream bow.  It has streamers like the Lalaloopsy bow does, and as I predicted they're fun when the wind gets high.
That's the lot!  I'm hoping the shop will open up again, because I want an orange Fanta bow!!!

10 comments:

  1. Now we just need to see some photos of you wearing them!! LOL!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna see the other three bows! I loved the Saggy Baggy Elephant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, the elephant is cute but I like the ones with figurines best. The bee is awesome! You have fun wearing those dolls all you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the ones with figurines the best too! The orange Fanta bow I wanted had a little brunette on it.

      Delete
  4. You could always put some streamers on the other LaLaloopsey one. Customize it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could! Sometimes I prefer to go without streamers, though.

      Delete
  5. So kawaii! What would your boss say if you chalk dyed your hair and put a bandage over your nose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She probably would ask me how I hurt my nose, LOL. I'm not sure about the hair. I have a hoop in my nose and a hoop in my lip, and she doesn't seem to mind those a bit. Nor do the patrons, LOL again!

      Delete