Looking for something?

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Cool cat boogie

Mama loves to surprise me, and I love to be surprised.  So when this odd-looking package showed up in her mailbox, she simply handed it to me and said "Open it!"

"Feels like a stuffed animal," I said.

"Oh, you're good!"  Mama replied with a big grin.  She'd gotten me a stuffed Pete the Cat for my workstation.
For the uninitiated, Pete the Cat is an anthropomorphic blue cat and the subject of several children's books.  He likes to dance and sing, and he's usually depicted wearing high top sneakers.  The illustrations in the books are fairly dark, so Pete usually doesn't have much of an expression...but my Pete is smiling.
That is typical cat!  Always chill...unless it's mealtime or three o'clock in the morning.  Then cats are batsh!t.  Anyway, my Pete has his shoes, like all good Pete the Cats do.  One is red and one is blue.
The varying colors are significant to...I think I Love My White Shoes was the first in the series.  Pete goes out in brand-new white high tops, only for them to become red, then blue, then brown, then white but wet in quick succession.  Rather than throwing a fit because he messed up his shoes, Pete rolls with the changes, singing "I love my white shoes" and changing the lyrics as the shoes change.  Simple story, but a cute one.

I love my mama, and I love the little things she does for me!  I wish she were easy to shop for, darn it!  Every birthday or Mother's Day that comes up she says "Oh, don't worry about me," but she always does nice things for me so I want to do SOMETHING.  I gotta put on my thinking cap.

Happy MLB Opening Day,
RagingMoon1987

No comments:

Post a Comment