Looking for something?

Thursday, June 23, 2022

AG Spotlight: Courtney Moore

I think American Girl likes me a little too much.  Have you seen all the crazy videos on YouTube?

FULL NAME:  Courtney Deborah Moore

NICKNAME:  "Court"

BIRTHDAY:  February 12th

HOMETOWN:  Orange Valley, California

HEAD MOLD:  Classic

HAIR COLOR:  The Moon Girl calls it "honey blonde."  It has a slight reddish cast to it.

EYE COLOR:  Medium blue

FAVORITE COLOR:  Purple

THINGS I LIKE:  Vintage video games (especially Pac-Man), mix tapes, eighties toys like My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake, hair do-dads, small animals (especially guinea pigs), gummy bears and candy in general, pajama parties, stuffed animals, Star Trek and Star Wars, the old MTV

THINGS I DISLIKE:  Humidity (it makes my curls frizz), family conflict, licorice, earthquakes, modern-day MTV and reality TV in general,

MY CHOICE OF MUSIC:  Whitney Houston, Cyndi Lauper, Huey Lewis and the News, Michael Jackson, eighties pop and rock in general...except Bruce Springsteen.  NO ONE in the Moon House likes Bruce Springsteen!

PET:  Parsley, a guinea pig.  

*Side note from the Moon Girl:  I said this last week but I'll say it again:  I wish one of these girls had a chinchilla for a pet!  Not that guinea pigs aren't amazing too, of course.

BEST FRIENDS:  Molly, because of course, Samantha, because she's a good listener, Justin, because he and Samantha are kind of a package deal, Amanda, because she thinks things through, and Sadie, because she likes My Little Pony.  I'm in the Star Wars Gang with Luciana, Rita Cheryl, and Z (Z compares us to the girls in Turning Red; she compares me to Priya for some reason), and I also belong to the Dumb Blonde Society, much to Luciana's chagrin.

SOMEONE I'D RATHER AVOID:  Doremi is too impulsive and has a mean streak.  Also Luciana sometimes, since Luciana doesn't like the idea of Dumb Blondes...or dumb anyone.  We just call our group the Dumb Blonde Society, Luciana!  We needed a catchy name!  Whatever, Astro-Luci knows I love her.

HOW I CAME HERE:  eBay find, two months after my debut, no less.

ABOUT ME:  I'm still not over the fact that I've moved from one seismic zone to another, nor am I over how different the terrain is.  Orange Valley is located in a valley surrounded by hills and mountains, and the Bootheel a combination of floodplain, drained swamp, and ancient seabed.  The terrain isn't as flat as parts of Oklahoma, but it's flat enough to allow for good farming.  So while I'm not quite used to seeing the horizon every morning I do love how the seasons change more here, with the flowers in the spring and the leaves in the fall.  I had great fun romping in the leaves last fall, for example.

Overall I'm quiet, thoughtful, and a little on the shy side, but I don't take life super-seriously.  I like to collect stuffed animals.  Vintage or modern, it doesn't matter to me.  Here's my bunch.  I've got a Popple and a modern-day Care Bear in that mix, plus two mini Surprizamals.  

I've also got a unicorn, though Sadie is the unicorn fan of the bunch.  Hey, who DOESN'T love unicorns?

I still like My Little Pony after all these years, though in this case I prefer the old-school ponies.  The modern ponies are okay, but I don't think they're as cute as the ones I grew up with.  Don't tell Sadie that, LOL.  Here's my two; I've got Minty and Firefly, though for some reason Firefly is in the Collectors pose rather than her namesake pose.  Kind of a downer, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Moon says she has a small collection of ponies, both vintage and modern, and Sadie and I are dying to see them!  I wonder if she has Mimic?

*Side note from the Moon Girl:  No, no Mimic.  I keep my eyes peeled, though!  Mimic is green, and the readers know my opinions on green.  I do feel your surprise regarding your Firefly, by the way.  My Medley is in the Firefly pose and it's a nice, dynamic pose.

Oh well, there are plenty of other nice ponies besides Mimic, and I love my Firefly no matter what pose she's in.  But now I REALLY want to see Moon's ponies!  In other news I'm something of a nerd, being a fan of Star Wars and to a lesser extent Star Trek.  I couldn't be considered the hardcore Trekkie that Luciana is, but I do like Star Wars enough to pick a side (I'm a Jedi).  Moon even bought Luciana and me lightsabers, but they're not here yet.  Moon says that parts of them are 3-D printed, and all three of us are excited about that.  Such technology wasn't even dreamed of in my day...at least not that I know of.  Back in my day transplanting a baboon heart into a baby was considered cutting edge.  Shudder...it's so nice to know I'll never need something like that.  Maybe a limb replacement or a head reattachment some day, but never a heart.  I hope the Moon Girl never needs a new heart.

I'll let y'all...y'all???  Listen to me, I'm already talking like the folks around here do!  But I'll leave the lightsabers to Luciana, since she's more excited about them than I am...which is saying a lot, because I'm pretty excited.  We'll let y'all know when they get here, though!

Lots of love,
Courtney Deborah Moore

2 comments:

  1. To Moon Girl,
    I'm curious, do you have a My Little Pony wish list, or are you only a casual collector?
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both, LOL. I'm not actively looking at the moment, but I do have a wish list. Mimic, the holy grail, is on my list, as are my childhood friends Raincurl, Princess Royal Purple, and Lovebeam. I owned the last three as a child, but I thought I'd never want them again and donated them.

      Delete