Looking for something?

Saturday, October 30, 2021

Oh deer!

Since Halloween is on a Sunday today, my town is holding trick-or-treating a day early.  Since I don't have an original bone in my body I've chosen to do the same thing.  Remember the costume that I said I was gonna try on Reagan?  Well, it fits!
Reagan and Airy are ready for trick-or-treating...well, ready as they'll ever be.
Adam is ready too, though his outfit is more pajamas than a costume.
The awesome thing about baby dolls is they'll never outgrow their clothes like real babies do.  In this case I'm glad of that, because this outfit's got Snoopy on it.  Vampire Snoopy, no less!  I guess Snoopy decided not to be a WWI flying ace this time.
I hope ol' Chuck gets something besides a rock this year!
Kissy isn't dressed up for Halloween, but I put her in the blog anyway because I love Kissy.  My mom wasn't thrilled with this getup.
It's the ill fit that she didn't care much for, and I can't say as I'm thrilled either.  But if I get anything tighter I may break her kissing mech and that would be bad.  I guess that's the bad thing about baby dolls; they can't outgrow clothes, but they can't grow into clothes either.  Oh well, I suppose I can hem those sleeves and pants if need be!

So that's Halloween for me!  It's gonna be another quiet one, but that don't worry me none since I prefer my Saturday nights quiet anyway.  Some folks like to party or fight on Saturday nights, and I like to stay in.  No candy for me since I'm trying to lose weight, but I'll find a way to have some fun.  Or I'll try...my mother has had some health problems crop up, and neither she nor I are sure what the next two weeks hold.  Basically, Mama's hemoglobin levels are elevated, which could be a number of things ranging from the innocent to the malignant.  To be on the safe side her nurse practitioner has already referred her to an oncologist.  Mama has also been hitting the water hard, since she doesn't drink enuff water and dehydration can cause elevated hemoglobin levels.  We're hoping and praying that the fix is as simple as that, but time will tell.  In the meantime she and I have been laughing, cutting up, and buying pajamas for American Girls like the pajamas are going out of style, but there's that undercurrent of worry there, in both of us.  Prayers would be greatly appreciated.  Cancer rates are frighteningly high here in Malden and in the surrounding area, and I blame that on the crop dusters and their constant spraying of this, that, or the other chemical.  Granted, most of the sick friends we've got have battled successfully and won (or are winning), but...well, it's still cancer.  So if y'all pray, please pray for my mama.  With most of my family being far away she's really all I've got.

Happy Halloween,
RagingMoon1987

2 comments:

  1. Prayers headed your way, Sweetie! Vibes that your Mama's hemoglobin troubles are just dehydration, or something equally benign. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss Beth! Did your doll get there okay? The tracking number said she did, but I know better than to trust tracking numbers 100%.

      Delete