Looking for something?

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Happy Independence Day, every day!

"Sriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...POP!"  I never have understood the allure of bottle rockets.  This Independence Day looks to be a little more festive than the last, since fewer heads are exploding over the coronavirus crap.  For my family the holiday hasn't been the same since Daddy died, but we manage.  It does mean a day off from work if the holiday falls on any day but Sunday, but today just happens to be Sunday.  So what did I decide to do?  Putter around with my dolls, of course!  Zoe, Camille, and Kyle all got their red, white, and blue on for the occasion.  

I would've liked to have taken them outside, but the weather has been extremely contrary lately.  Hence my trio is inside, perched on a shoebox instead.  I'm not really certain what else to say, except that all three of the outfits (and Zoe's shoes) were gifts, and as usual I have my mother to thank for them.  She likes to joke "If I can't have grandchildren, I'll have grand-dolls!"  I need to think of something to do for her in return.

That's all for today.  I'm gonna pull the covers over my head and debate whether or not to go see fireworks tonight.  I like fireworks...but I also like my bed!

Happy Fourth,
RagingMoon1987

5 comments:

  1. I forever love start shapped buttons! Cute cute cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How late are the fireworks where you live? You're in bed by then? Here they don't do them very late, because it's the finale of the fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, the fireworks went off at 9:00 p.m. I chose to be lazy and stay in bed all day, hence why I would've had to get out of bed to see them. In the end the traffic was too thick, so I didn't bother. I played music at an earsplitting volume to keep my dogs from freaking out instead.

      Delete
  3. Hope that you had a nice Independence Day. Your little group looks very festive. Mr. BTEG and I went and sat in a BJ's parking lot to watch the fireworks July 3rd. They didn't start here until around 10, partially because they were set off at the small non-MLB league ballpark, and the game went into the 10th inning.

    Spent July 4th at my in-law's house in the country. They had pop-its, sparklers, bottle rockets, and a string of firecrackers. There were some serious fireworks action going off on the way home, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was relaxing and relatively quiet until around nine-thirty when the final volley of fireworks went off at the local show. My dogs were bug-eyed even though I tried to drown it out with music. My mother and I will have more reason to celebrate tomorrow, when my uncle comes home.

      Delete