Looking for something?

Monday, June 28, 2021

Nerida or Mahina?

Today I have in my possession this composition doll, my first compo doll of color.

She came from SeaPillowTreasures on Etsy, and she's in great shape except for her arms and legs.  I need to restring her.

She's a cute little doll, with a delightfully saucy face and three tufts of thread hair.

All of my other composition dolls have molded hair and/or a wig, but this doll augments her molded hair with rooted hair and is thus my first compo doll with that feature.  

She's just your basic little baby doll that charmed her into my life, and now she needs a name.  I like two names, and I hesitate to give her both of them since they rhyme a bit.

*NERIDA:  Nerida is a Greek name meaning "sea nymph," and also an Australian Aboriginal name meaning "water lily."
*MAHINA:  Mahina is the Hawaiian word for "moon" and the name of ancient Hawaii's lunar goddess.  One of Australia's worst tropical cyclones was named "Mahina."

Based on my fondness for historical weather disasters, y'all probably would think I'd name my doll "Mahina" and be done with it.  However, I love the name "Nerida" too, because it's so unique, kinda like the doll herself.  Y'all helped me name Madison Renee years ago, so I trust y'all's judgement.

Now I'm gonna restring this young lady and turn her into the cutie pie that she always was.  Don't wait up!

Cheers,
RagingMoon1987

No comments:

Post a Comment