Looking for something?

Saturday, April 27, 2024

Sweet relief

First things first:  I wanna thank all of y'all who left comments about the mail situation.  I understand now that it's hairy every damn where and my area isn't the only area having trouble.  This information did nothing to solve the problem, of course, but hearing from y'all was tremendously encouraging and I thank you.  In the end I griped for nothing, as out of nowhere my new doll's tracking number started updating again, and she arrived yesterday.  Meet Angela Grace Fitzpatrick.
Shoot a monkey, it's been a long couple'a weeks.  If I were Angela I'd be passed out asleep.  Anyway, Angela has a face that I didn't already have in my collection (Madison) and more importantly, a hair color that I didn't have.  Justin, Rosemary, and Salome are blonde, Rael is a brunette, Xenia's hair is full-tilt black, and Angela's hair is unquestionably red.
When Miss Emily designed her own My Twinn she had to specifically ask for bright red hair, and when she was running the My Twinn Project Shop I think she ran into...maybe two dolls that had this lovely shade.  So red-haired Twinns aren't the most common things out there, and that was the primary reason why I wanted Angela.  Oh yeah, she's also got freckles, though in this picture they're impossible to see.  I love freckled dolls.
She's just a sweet doll all around.  As far as I know, though, she is NOT a Denver-era doll.  Her body tag says "2003," which I think is from what Logan's Ladies calls the "China era."  Logan's Ladies goes on to note that China-era dolls can be eschewed by My Twinn fans because their vinyl parts are smaller than those of the Denver dolls.  That can make customization jobs a pain in the posterior.  I make note of this because Angela's right eye has an alarming pinkish tinge to it.
Since Angela is a China-era doll an eye swap may not be the easiest thing...but then again, her arms don't look any smaller than Rosemary's (left) or Justin's (right)...wait, maybe it does.  But in this case Justin's right there with Angela.  Rosemary looks like she may be thicker in the arms than both of them.
Pink eyes or no, I can't tell y'all what a relief it was to wake up yesterday and see that her tracking location read "CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO" after a solid week of radio silence.  Now to change that outfit...I have a copy of it already and I'm not a big fan of sweatsuits anyway.  I did have a new dress waiting...but Rosemary's wearing it now.
Blick, that new wig looks horrible!  I had no choice but to go back to the one that's too small.
If I find the perfect double-braided wig this one will go back into its box for a doll with a smaller head.  Anyway, I was talking about that dress, but...there's not much to say about it.  It's a linen shirtdress with subtle colors that would look nice for just about any occasion.  Miss Emily says that it's a harder-to-find My Twinn outfit, and indeed I've only seen two available for sale:  hers, worn by a doll she named "Safiya," and mine.  Maybe I need to look harder, LOL.

So that brings the total Twinn count at Uncle Man-Child's to three:  Rosemary, Angela, and Justin.  Like me, Rosemary is smitten with Angela's flaming hair.  Angela just wants to hit the sack, and to Justin's chagrin she chose his shoulder to lean on.
Notice that Angela's shoes are on the wrong feet...and that Justin's shoes aren't in yet.  Same ol' song and dance, the tracking number has stopped updating.  Patience is a virtue, I s'pose. 

By the way, I should probably mention that our plans for a house swap have changed.  If all goes the way we want it to, Uncle Man-Child will be taking Rent House (my childhood home), while Mama and I will be moving to his Grandma's house.  Grandma's house has three big bedrooms and tons of space, so I won't have to cull out as much of my stuff as I'd planned.  That said, I do plan on doing a mass offload of porcelain dolls.  Y'know, those that I bought on impulse and/or weren't gifts.  I may have enuff room for a Giggles doll now...but I'm not gonna push it.  I still have cats, after all, and one more doll is one more thing for my snoopy crew to break.

Victory, 
RagingMoon1987 

4 comments:

  1. Angela is super cute. I'm glad that she finally arrived, and I hope that you can do something with her eyes. I'm not seeing much wrong with them besides maybe some very faint pink. Maybe the camera didn't pick it up. Speaking of things arriving, I have something to send you. Do you still have my email address? Send me whatever snail mail address I should use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friends on Failbook didn't notice anything wrong with her eyes either, so I'll just leave 'em alone for now. Didja get my email?

      Delete
  2. Glad she arrived safe and sound! I'm jealous of your My Twinn crew. I've always wanted one but just have never bit the bullet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better grab one while you can! Prices for the big ones are going up.

      Delete