Looking for something?

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Random post about Pixlings...and some brief musings on Capsule Chix

I've been paying casual attention to the Pixlings ever since Miss Emily reviewed them last August.  They're colorful and cute, but I balked (and am still balking) at the thought of that big plastic bottle they live in.  Cumbersome, single-use hovels made me regret purchasing a Capsule Chix set, made me regret purchasing a Blume doll, and has kept my L.O.L. Surprise collection on the small side.  But...some new images dropped on Reddit, and I have to admit that my arm is being twisted a little.  These pictures are screenshots, so apologies for quality.  This is Faye the Fairy Pixling; I've got a friend named Faye!
This one is Amber the Dragon Pixling.
Faye and Amber have actually apparently been waiting in the wings since December, but they're still pretty new to me.  Bearlinda, on the other hand...I don't know how long she's been a thing.  I presume that she's a Bear Pixling.
Then there's Catlyn, who must be a Cat Pixling.  I like her because cats, that's why.
Looks like Marena got a rehash too; she's got snowflakes on her skirt, where she didn't before.
Even though Catlyn is a cat, I like Amber the best.  Dragon-themed dolls always tend to be aesthetically pleasing.  Just ask Jinafire Long.
Well, my arm is twisted some, but with a house switch now a probability rather than a possibility I'm going to see if I can't find one loose on eBay.  I need a big plastic bottle with a one-time gimmick like I need a second rear end.  Still, these new girls are pretty cute.  They remind me of the Capsule Chix (who indeed are their cousins), but they add in the bright colors and cutesy themes that were found in Enchantimals and Zelfs.  

Speaking of Capsule Chix, I like the little figure I got (I named her Nixie), but as I said before you paid a lot of money to get a teeny-weeny doll in a huge package.  
Oh, why did I name her Nixie, no one asked?  Because she's got two peace sign hands like Richard Nixon.
Nixie has a lot of charisma and a lot of joints, and I've liked her enuff to keep her around, but her whole body could've fit into a single pod (I think her set included five vending machine-style pods, but I don't remember).  I think that if Moose Toys had sold these Capsule Chix like that, a whole little doll inside a single pod, then they could've potentially made a killing, kinda like MGA Entertainment has done with the L.O.L. Surprises.  And maybe not.  There's no way of knowing for sure.

Over and out,
RagingMoon1987

4 comments:

  1. They are stupid cute, aren't they? I held out as long as I could and got exactly one Pixling - the winter special edition one from Target. She's a snow bunny, predictably =p

    The bottles aren't that much of a pain, aside from being huge and the leak problems others have pointed out, but it seems like the liquid used for the potion activity is designed not to stain, so at least there's that. Mine did mention the bottle is reusable for more potion making; presumably you could use the Mixies refills or cook up some science experiments of your own to use it with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew the bottle could be reusable, but again I'm worried about the aforementioned leakage. It's still a cute idea, though; I'd have been all over that potion making like white on rice when I was a kid. My favorite game to play was "witch."

      Oh yeah, I like the snow bunny! I sized her up, but in the end the dragon's still winning for me.

      Delete
    2. The comment about potion making made me think of the Barbie Secret Spells line of dolls from the early 2000s. They came with mix packets that could be used to make potions you could actually drink, for luck, for money and for love. I got the Kayla doll on discount for my doll collection back in the day, because I liked her look.
      Signed, Treesa

      Delete
    3. I remember Secret Spells! Kayla was my favorite too. LOL, I remember my dad semi-joking "Oh great, Witch Coven Barbie. What's next?" I thought they were awesome.

      Delete