Looking for something?

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Christmas box!

Nope, this is one someone sent me, not one I put together meself.  Treesa sent me this, and once again I send my warmest gratitude to her for the stuff.  I really need to either pay y'all back for the gifts you've sent me or find a way to pay it forward.  But anyway, the box was a nice, compact box, and the stars of the show are these two.

Treesa's note says that the teddy bear's name is "Summer Daisy," which sounds like as good a name as any for a teddy bear.  The Cabbage Patch Kid is from the Jakks Pacific era, and Treesa was a hair concerned that she might not be vintage enuff for me.  No worries, Treesa!  I happen to love Jakks Pacific Cabbies; the new girl is actually my fourth, after Taniyah Yasmin and two that y'all haven't yet seen.  She won't be my last either, as I just discovered the Magic Glow Kids.  The JP dolls have delightful little faces.  See?

She's got the Eastern aesthetic that I love, thus why Treesa snapped her up for me.  Another one checked off my Cabbie bucket list!  Since this doll is a thrift store find she doesn't have her papers, so I chose the name "Leslie Emily" for her, after a patron at the library who liked the doll's pigtails.  Now Leslie needs a dress!

Daisy, on the other hand, is covered...literally.  She's wearing an ice skating dress that would've been perfect for the weather last week.  The color scheme reminds me a little of some of my Frozen hair bows.

Treesa included two other Build-a-Bear outfits for Daisy, one of which is this cute Christmas dress.  I'll need to sew the gingerbread man back on the apron, but that's NBD.
The other one gave Treesa Barbie and the Rockers vibes, and I have to agree.  All Daisy needs is a black tulle bow and she'll have the look down pat.  Oh, and maybe a necklace.  Life is always better with a necklace. 
The rest of the stuff is odds and ends that my other dolls can use.  Kirsten will love this teacup, for example.
The shoes are Totsy brand shoes and are greatly appreciated.  Idalia Gale is currently barefoot. 
A bubble butt romper!  This is sized for three to six months, and I'm hoping that maybe Adam can wear it.  Adam would look adorable in it.
Of course hair bows are always appreciated.  Doremi, Zoe, and River Song will likely have to bicker over these.
Treesa suggested that I try this binky out on Owen Presley, and once I get off work I'll do just that.  Leslie Emily sadly couldn't use it.
It's all good for Leslie, though.  She's got a Puppy Surprise puppy to be her friend.  I freaking love Puppy and Kitty Surprise. 
Lastly, Treesa included two books.  One is a Cabbage Patch Kids collector's guide, which I'm looking forward to browsing, and the other is a cute storybook about the Cabbies and a bicycle race.  

The Big Bicycle Race tells a gentle story about balancing a desire to win with a desire to be a good friend.  It shows Xavier Roberts' pretend interactions with the Kids...and it shows that all wasn't peaches and cream in the Patch.  The Patch has a queen who is kind, and also a...I presume that Lavendar McDade is a human like Xavier is.  She's bad, and she wants the Cabbage Patch Kids to work in her gold mine.  She doesn't appear in The Big Bicycle Race.  Oh yeah, and there's kudzu.  Kudzu is kinda a pain in the posterior for farmers, but in this case it also helps conceal to Patch from outsiders.  Pretty cute!

Oh yeah, I have Leslie swaddled in a little white blanket.  Treesa sent that too.

Now Leslie won't have to sit around with her hiney shining.  It's not a huge deal for Cabbies to be nekkid, but I'd prefer to have her covered.

After a nice box like that a simple "thank you" doesn't seem like enuff, but I thank you anyway, Treesa.  Daisy and Leslie will have a good home here, and once I dig Flaxie out she'll be delighted to have a friend.  If there's anything you need, Treesa, say the word and I'll be on the lookout.  That goes for all of y'all.

Love,
RagingMoon1987

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you liked everything I sent. And I'm sorry there was a delay in getting it mailed out to you.
    I remembered that you specifically mentioned Puppy Surprise and Kitty Surprise in your post bemoaning the lack of boy babies in blind box toy lines. So when the boy Puppy Surprise puppy with his blue neck ribbon turned up in a thrift store bag lot I purchased, I made sure to save him for you.
    As far as the Cabbage Patch Kids storybook goes, from what I understand about Cabbage Patch lore the Queen of the Bunny Bees worked in collaboration with the Cabbage Patch Kids but didn't rule over them the way she ruled over the bunny bees. Although the bunny bees were the ones responsible for pollinating the cabbage plants that the Cabbage Patch Kids were birthed from. In other Cabbage Patch media that I'm familiar with, the guardian of the Cabbage Patch Kids was Colonel Casey the stork. And when it comes to Lavender McDade, the impression I always got was that she's some sort of wicked witch. Her two henchmen were Cabbage Jack, a jack rabbit, and Beau Weasel. I had the Cabbage Patch Dreams album on cassette when I was younger, a combination of storyline and songs that gave a good overview of the world of the Cabbage Patch Kids. I believe the audio can be found online. It might be worth a listen.
    Signed, Treesa
    P.S. Did you spot the rosebuds that are embroidered on one corner of the white blanket? They're what drew me to that particular blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My, oh my, y'all remember a lot about what I say on the blog! I do remember that post where I complained about the lack of boys. Didn't diminish my enjoyment of Puppy and Kitty Surprise, but the little dog was still greatly appreciated.

      Yeah, I saw Colonel Casey in the book about the bicycle race; he was overseeing it to make sure things were fair. LOL, I need to take a look at some of those other books; I found evidence of one where the Cabbies agreed to work in Lavendar's gold mine in order to get their pets back, or somesuch like that. Cabbage Jack...that's a good name for a jack rabbit!

      And yes, I did see the roses on the blanket! I was mad at first because I thought I'd gotten some sort of crud on the blanket, but then I looked closer (and with better light). Leslie Emily will be getting a new dress soon, and I'll show you how she looks!

      Delete