Looking for something?

Thursday, September 28, 2023

The battle continues

My entertainment for the evening:  one (1) magazine about Barbie, and one (1) Bratz doll.
Likely a fair amount of y'all remember the Barbie vs Bratz thing, and indeed, I don't think it ever truly went away.  But on this unseasonably sultry evening Felicia won this squabble, because the lighting in Uncle Man-Child's house socks.  I'll read that magazine tomorrow if I get some downtime at work.  For now, I'm going to enjoy Felicia in her box, in all her glory.
For the record, this doll is currently available in stores.  The original Felicia had a very short run and is greatly valued among Bratz collectors.  I admire her for her uber-dark vinyl, just as I do that of Dot Starlight, who also got the shaft from MGA Entertainment.  As such I wanted Felicia for her aesthetic, not because I wanted something really rare.  Therefore, I'll soon be tearing into this package like a hound going for the kill, and I'll have my lovely dark princess to play with and enjoy.  And to those of y'all who don't like Bratz, forgive me, but I will be devoting a post to Felicia sometime in the near future. 

Cheers,
RagingMoon1987 

4 comments:

  1. Felicia seems to be a bit of a mixture to me, but she's pretty good at puckering those lips up so she's ready to be kissed. LOL!
    Enjoy your doll RM, and have fun reading your mag at work.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lordy, you should see her in her OTHER outfit! Not a stitch of it matches, so she is even more of a mixture!

      If today is as slow as yesterday was, I should be able to read that mag.

      Delete
  2. I don't collect Bratz dolls myself, but I get that different collectors have different tastes. And adults who collect dolls get enough disrespect from non-collectors, we don't need to be disrespecting each other. Besides, even if a particular doll line doesn't appeal to me, I tend to learn a lot by reading posts on various dolls written by collectors, rather than by corporate marketing teams.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, even if I don't like a doll I do want to learn about it. I get a lot of questions from friends once they learn I collect, usually about one they've got. I'm no expert, but I want to help as best I can.

      Delete