Looking for something?

Sunday, September 3, 2023

Sunday randomness: an armload of cabbage

Sandy McCall has his hands full!  He's used to having smaller dolls in his lap, but not quite like this!
The two dolls he is holding are newbies, though the Preemie bears a strong resemblance to one I already had.  They'll get their formal debut...well, whenever their sister comes along.  I went a little crazy with Cabbage Patch Kids last month, mmkay?  My Patch increased in size from seven to at least eleven, maybe more, and I was able to knock a couple off my wish list.  So Sandy may be a very busy young man over the next few weeks!

Cheers,
RagingMoon1987 

6 comments:

  1. The cabbages are a good size for Sandy to cuddle! However, I don't think his arms are long enough to cuddle eleven. LOL!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, no, I don't think he could handle that many at once either!

      Delete
  2. Would the girl in the yellow dress be considered a 'popcorn' kid? I seem to remember you wanting a 'popcorn' Cabbage Patch Kid, though I'm a little unsure what that term actually means. By the way, I may have picked up another, admittedly less rare kid from your wish list to clean up as a Christmas gift for you, hint hint. At least, I think your family celebrates Christmas. Let me know if I'm wrong.
    Also, if you're interested in smaller scale Cabbage Patch Kids, you should check out the Teeny Tiny Preemies line from the early 90s. One of my sisters had a Teeny Tiny Preemie back in the day, and he was adorable. I was admittedly a bit jealous, at the time.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if the doll my sister had was a Teeny Tiny Preemie? She had a Cabbie when we were kids and he was LITTLE, way smaller than the doll I had. I'll look into that.

      Yes, I celebrate Christmas! I always look forward to it, because nowadays it's the only time I see my sister. And yes, Idalia Gale is a popcorn. Popcorn refers to her hair for reasons I don't know. I do have a post in the making for her, for Cara Raelean, and for their friend Iris Evangeline, who hasn't arrived yet.

      Delete
  3. Did you know that there was a line of dolls similar to Cabbage Patch Kids called Rice Paddy Babies that came with passports and emigration papers instead of birth certificates and adoption papers? As it happened, they stirred up some controversy due to their ties to the then-current political situation of Britian giving up their control over Hong Kong.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete