Looking for something?

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Betsy McCall...and others

Great Aunt Kathryn died...how long ago has it been now???  <pauses to count>  It's been three years now, and Mama and the other assorted relatives are still slogging through a boatload of legal mumbo-jumbo trying to get her will closed out.  Long story short, Mama ended up talking to the surviving sibling, and while they chatted Aunt Barbara revealed that she'd found some Betsy McCall dolls tucked away in some part of Aunt Kathryn's house.  She sent us pictures, of course.  There appear to be three of them.  My favorite of the Betsy Brigade is this one, a little ginger in red and green.  Typical of dolls owned by Aunt Kathryn, she's been kept beautifully. 

For the record, I also love the tall Alice in Wonderland doll.  Unfortunately all Aunt Barbara had to say about her is "I got her from Amazon."  I won't knock it.  Good dolls come from many places.

The other two members of the Betsy Brigade are palling around with Kewpie and a cute little doll in cream and white.  One of the Kewpie dolls I sent her is also present. 

I wish I had a better picture of the one in polka dots, but if I want one I can always ask Aunt Barbara.  I'm unsure of the future of these dolls, by the way.  Aunt Barbara has a daughter and a granddaughter, but they're not dolly fans.  So I dunno.  

The chatter about Betsy McCall made me think of Sandy and how he materialized on my porch.  Aunt Barbara will love that story!

Love,
RagingMoon1987

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps you could give your Aunt Barbara some hints that they would be loved so much by you and your Mama if they happened to come your way. Then top it off with how Sandy would appreciate his relatives coming to live with him. 😄
    Big hugs,
    X
    P.S. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Aunt Barbara knows who'd love 'em! I just don't want to drop too many hints while she's alive. That's just rude, asking for stuff before they're even gone.

      Delete
  2. What beautiful Betsys. That red plaid dress is one I would love to have. I love the little girl in cream and blue. Possibly a Holly Hobbie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking Holly Hobbie too. I know Aunt Barbara would tell me if she knew, but I don't want to bug her too much.

      Delete