Looking for something?

Monday, September 25, 2023

eBay/Etsy haul

Usually my hauls are for American Girls, but today I'm going to spoil Idalia Gale and my other Cabbies a bit.  Like my Blythe doll, my Cabbies have some extra outfits, but they're in Storage Hell somewhere...as are Andrea Doria, Valencia Rose, and my other older Cabbies.  As I noted in a Blythe post in the past (I forget which one), I never throw anything away, so those other clothes are around this house somewhere.  Dang, I need to do some organizing!  But right now I've got new duds for the Cabbies to show off, so let's begin!  Y'all have already seen Idalia in her Halloween dress, but I've got some other odds and ends as well.  And no, this isn't ALL for Idalia.  I've got plenty of other Cabbage Patch Kids who will appreciate the new threads as well, and multiple dolls can wear the same stuff.  But Idalia is the one I've got in my arms right now, so she gets to model the clothes for big girls.  First up is this autumn/winter getup.  eBay seller is sweetheart31707.
Indeed, I have plans for red-haired Valencia Rose to wear this...once I grub her out of storage, that is.  The buttonholes need a little TLC, but I love the colors of this outfit.  The blouse is blue with puffed sleeves and a collar, and the slacks are darker blue and made of corduroy.  I love corduroy.
One of my newest Cabbies also has corduroy pants, but it'll be quite awhile before y'all meet him/her.  Anywho, Val is more of a pants/jeans/overalls type, so this will be for her once I grub her up.  The whole outfit looks and feels comfy, and indeed it fits Idalia loosely, thus if she were a real little person she'd be very comfy indeed.  Except maybe for this.
How eighties can a body get!  LOL, I bet y'all a dollar to a doughnut a waistband like that would itch like mad, but it sure does look cute.

This next outfit is...actually Preemie-sized, so Cara Raelean gets to wear it.  The eBay purveyor this time is 2kbanks.
Yellow!  Y'all may or may not remember how I like yellow baby clothes, and y'all probably also remember how I like it when baby dolls wear bonnets.  Cara's green set didn't come with a bonnet, and as a result I feel like she's kinda missing something.  Plus, her little head will get cold this winter!  LOL, I've never met a small baby that liked wearing a hat, but I always put 'em on my baby dolls anyway.  There's even a set of knitted booties!  I love these; Pussycat has a pair, and now Cara does too!
I thought the print on the matinee jacket was cool.  It's a floral print, and with the exception of color it's the exact same print as the flowers on Cara's green dress.
Basically this outfit has everything I could ever want!

Keeping with the yellow theme, here's Cara in a springlike romper.  This is another eBay find, from Cherokee Strip Trading Post.
I guess it could be for fall too, since fall is harvest season.  I love the sunshine yellow shade, and I also love the vegetables on the front.  And yet...the only cabbage visible is in the CPK logo!
It wasn't until I turned Cara over that I noticed the full design of this onesie.  It's meant to look like a pair of farming overalls, complete with "pockets" on the rear.  The left pocket has a seed packet sticking out of it, with my...well, carrots are one of my favorite vegetables.  I'm also quite fond of broccoli.
This onesie is cute, but I feel like something's missing.  Without some sort of ribbon or headgear it's hard to tell whether Cara Raelean is a boy or a girl, and an outfit like this doesn't help much.  Besides, I can't escape the feeling that this onesie would be better for a boy Preemie anyway.  Or a boy Bean Butt; I'm reading that Bean Butts are the same size as the old Preemies like Stella Rae and Cara Raelean are, but I don't know for sure.  If any of y'all DO know for sure, please let me know.  

Speaking of eBay, this next outfit is for a boy doll, and it's being modelled by a new face in the Patch.  Well...he's sort of a new face.  Valencia Rose has the #4 head, and so does my new boy.  He's another eBay find, from jewelsanddolls.  He pairs the aforementioned #4 head with loopy auburn hair and brown eyes, his tag is marked "IC3," and his bum mark is a 1985 mark.  All Coleco boys came in cute outfits, but this getup with the cap is my favorite because I used to wear a red ballcap myself when I was little.
The bigger boy arrived on the same day that Sammy Sloth did, so here they are together.  As I noted yesterday, Sammy is a little guy.
IC dolls can develop a grayish tinge to their vinyl, but my boy still has a pretty complexion.  His name is...y'all ready for this???  His name is Shelley Fred.  His birthday, which was a complete surprise until I got him, is October 1st.
With that, my run of luck with Cabbie names comes to an end.  "Cara Raelean" isn't great, but it has a nice flow, and Mama and I downright love "Owen Presley."  On the other hand, Shelley Fred is not a name I'd have picked or even considered, and when Mama heard it her reaction was an emphatic "EWWWWWW!!!"  LOL, I admit that I had to shake my head too, particularly since most of the folks I've known named "Shelley" or some variant thereof are girls.  On the other hand, the name "Shelley" has literary connotations, and it's unique so I guess my new boy will remain Shelley.  If he hadn't come with papers I would've named him "Nigel" or "Lee," since those were the hurricane names everyone was throwing around when I bought him.  That was how my Idalia got her name, after all.  But Shelley came fully dressed and with his papers, so Shelley he shall remain.  I like what he's wearing, but as fall deepens he'll need something covering those legs (or "wegs," as my toddler self would say).  So let's go over Shelley's new outfit, my first Etsy getup in this post.  The shop is mj3260, and they have a LOT of pajamas!  LOL, I love dolly pajamas, but Shelley's fall outfit is...well, NOT pajamas.
Fall is my mama's favorite time of the year, and Halloween is her favorite holiday, so this jack o'lantern was right up her alley.
I'll be putting Shelley back in his original outfit after this because I love it so much, but here's a closeup of the print on his shirt.  This ghost is my favorite.
Mama likes the jack o'lantern the best.
I'll make the clothing segment of this post full circle by bring Idalia back into the picture.  Her dress is from 0823Dolls.
Three-piece outfit, five if one counts each hair bow.  Idalia is wearing a jumper dress, a lacy blouse, and lacy bloomers.  The bloomers and blouse have cobwebs printed on them.
Here's a closer look at the jumper; one of those witches is a pin-up witch!
When I grub Valencia Rose and Andrea Doria out of storage one of them can wear those bows the right way.  Val has pigtails, and Andrea has a fall like Crissy's that can accommodate a bow at the end and a bow at the base of the braid.

My last item isn't a piece of clothing, but rather an accessory.  I like 3-D printed stuff, and when I saw this on Etsy I knew my Kids would love it.  Etsy shop is HeatherRoselliDesign.
A lollipop!  These come in several "flavors," with this dark blue-purple shade being blackberry.  Mmmm, I like blackberries.  Anyway, this lollipop is kinda special because any Cabbie can hold it, but the stem on the top is designed to fit into pacifier mouths, only seen on #4 and #6 heads.  #4 and #6 happen to be my favorite Cabbie heads, by the way, along with #30.
If that isn't clever I don't know what is.  Heather apparently specializes in 3-D printed odds and ends for Cabbage Patch Kids, because the shop is nothing but shoes, pacifiers, and sundries for them.  Not that that's an issue; Idalia needs shoes for winter anyway.  Cara did too, but she doesn't anymore, LOL!  EDIT, 11/1/23:  The Etsy seller warned me (and her other buyers) that these 3-D printed binkies and lollipops can stain the bejesus out of Cabbie vinyl if left in the mouth for any period of time.  So if you do have one of these items, be very, very careful!  Kudos to Heather for the warning!  I hope she can get that problem rectified, because her items are cute.

Since I have a penchant for naming these Cabbage Patch Kids after hurricanes, I'll end the post with a tangent about hurricanes.  This year could've been a very serious one, with both Idalia and Lee making landfall as powerful storms, but because people were well-warned and took the warnings seriously the death tolls for both storms were low.  Idalia killed ten people, seven directly and three directly, and as of writing Lee has been responsible for two fatalities (a third person is missing and they still haven't found him).  Twelve/thirteen is still twelve/thirteen too many, but that's a far cry from the toll inflicted by the Long Island Express, a New England hurricane that followed a track similar to but further west than Lee's.  The Express was poorly warned (hey, it was 1938), and those who DID get warnings didn't take the warnings seriously.  Thus...actually experts aren't sure how many died, but it was at least six hundred dead, not counting the ones that died months later or were never found.  Every summer I pray for the folks on the coasts, and I thank God that we here in Missouri don't usually have to contend with hurricanes.  USUALLY.  Once in a great while a hurricane holds together long enuff to give the Bootheel a little or a lot of trouble; the last one I can name like that was Hurricane Ike, back in 2008.  LOL, I nearly got walloped on the head by a sizeable tree branch in that storm...I think I've told that story before.  No, we here in Southeast Missouri get to worry about tornadoes and earthquakes instead.  Oh Lordy, I am TERRIFIED of the earthquakes!  The fault line has been calm lately and I'm grateful for that, and I pray it'll stay that way.

With that lovely note...say g'bye, kiddies!
Oh, and as a haw-haw, check out this list of some Coleco and Hasbro Cabbie names.  Some of 'em are even worse than Shelley Fred.  Some of 'em double up, like "Gertrude Trudie," and some of 'em RHYME, like "Charlene Darlene!"  There were a handful of dolls named Sarah/Sara (my name is the first variant), including a couple of dolls named "Sarah Jane."  The list had exactly one "Shelly"...and it was a girl named "Shelly Beryl."  Blick, BERYL!!!  I never have cared much for gemstone names.  More than anything, the list made me glad that most of my dolls that came with papers have nice names.  So far, "Owen Presley" is still my favorite combo.

Okay, I'm done!  Pinky-promise I am!

Warm hugs,
RagingMoon1987

2 comments:

  1. I had a thought for Shelley Fred. You can still call him Lee if you like. Lee would be a valid nickname for a Shelley in my opinion, at least. That way he keeps the name he came with but you can also call him what you want to call him.
    I've done that before, several of my American Girls have had their names shortened or nicknamed to suit me. They're still their characters but McKenna is now Kenna because I can't get people to grasp that Makena's name is pronounced Ma-Kay-Na instead of Mc-Ken-Na. So Makena and Kenna makes it easier to tell them apart in conversation. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I just call him "Fred," because I liked that name when I was a little kid. I like the idea of giving dolls nicknames, though, because little touches like that make them...well, YOUR dolly! I'll test "Lee" and see how that works, though. Good idea!

      Delete