Looking for something?

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

It must be getting early

Never did I dream that I'd see anything like this on Etsy!  For any of my younger viewers, please google the Greatful Dead and you'll get it.
Yeah, I know it's not time for Halloween yet, but I couldn't resist showing it off.  Likewise, Rita Cheryl was willing to shake off her Shinedown shirt for a little fun with old-school stoner rock.  Besides, Jerry Garcia's birthday would've been today were he alive (he's been dead awhile).  Etsy shop is InnerStarCollections.  They don't have any more of these costumes, but they do have other nice things for Julie, Ivy, and Josefina.

The fabric on the inside of the hood is apparently GD-licensed, so let's look at that right quick.
LOL, got the bears AND the band's name in there, on a tie-dyed background, no less!  I love it!  Pity I couldn't get a doll-sized T-shirt out of it.

Check out my bow blog's post for today; my bow coordinates with Rita Cheryl's costume!

Peace out,
RagingMoon1987

4 comments:

  1. Dear Raging Moon,
    On one of your porcelain doll posts, I commented about a porcelain doll that I had as a little girl. I came across her in storage in my parents' basement. She's gotten a bit bedraggled over the years and was cheaply made to begin with. I can't even remember now if I ever actually gave her a name. I think I was considering naming her Lydia, after the doll that American Girl's character Samantha Parkington longs for and names after her mother in the first book of the series. But I don't remember for sure. Lydia was the doll that Samantha ended up giving to her friend Nellie O'Malley as a parting gift at the end of the book.
    Anyway, I don't feel enough of an emotional connection to my porcelain doll to want to hold on to her. I have a few other porcelain dolls that are smaller and more sentimentally meaningful. But I've seen what happens to porcelain dolls that are donated to thrift stores: broken fingers, missing wigs, broken legs. And I know from your blog that you have a soft spot for porcelain dolls. If I covered all of the required shipping costs myself, would you be willing to give my doll a new home?
    Please let me know one way or the other by contacting me at
    fashiondollmemoirs@gmail.com
    Thank you.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about where you live, but the stores in my area are already setting up displays of Halloween decor, in late July/early August. Even the Bath and Body Works outlet at the mall is putting out their Halloween themed products. Like the social commentators say, holidays start earlier and earlier every year.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, we actually do have some Halloween stuff hitting store shelves! Just some themed clothes and the like. The lady I talked to at Wal-Mart said before we know it the Christmas crap will be up.

      Delete