Looking for something?

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

I'm excited for these!

Okay, I'll admit that sometimes Failbook has good information...at least, if you're a dolly lover.  Early in the year I'd heard whispers about a birthstone-themed line for American Girls.  It was going to be released, then it wasn't, then it would be a line of exclusive dolls, then the idea had been scrapped altogether.  Rumors, hearsay, and the like.  Nothing was set in concrete until I saw this picture on Sunday.
One of the other women on an American Girl group shared the image, clarifying that they were indeed individual outfits for each birthstone.  That's good, because I don't want to buy a whole stinkin' doll just for her outfit!  By the way, I ought to have known that October would be pink.  Our birthstone is an OPAL, kids!!!  I like tourmaline too though, so I need to just quit complaining.

Lemme see...I have twenty-eight American Girls (I plan on adding Kavi before the year is out), and of those twenty-eight twenty-two are modern.  Ten of them have either official birthdays (given by American Girl) or designated birthdays (given by me or someone else):

Lark:  February 19th
River Song:  March 11th
Joss:  April 14th
Luciana:  May 15th
Zoe:  May 19th
Gabby:  June 22nd
Danica:  August 24th
Denise:  September 23rd
Rita Cheryl:  November 23rd
Llewellyn:  December 11th

In addition, Kavi's birthday is September 30th, so if I do choose to get outfits for all of these dolls I'll have two doubles, for May and for September.  I can dig owning two of the September outfit (that one's one of my favorites), but May is another story.  Oh well, Zoe and Luciana can dig it; that retro print will look adorable with Luciana's bob.  I don't have any January or July girls yet, and to my considerable surprise I have no October girls either.  Denise comes close, LOL, but to quote an old-timer friend, "almost don't count 'cept in horseshoes."  Daddy would always add nukes and hand grenades to that mix.  Princess Doremi doesn't have a designated birthday, which for her is unacceptable, so I'll probably pick one of the unrepresented months. 

SOO-WEEEE, I'm a pig!  I saw these and I thought "GIMMIE!!!  GIMMIE 'EM ALL!!!"  In truth I'll probably just get one or two.  Rita Cheryl will definitely be getting a set, and...oh, I think Gabby will be my other lucky girl, since she deserves to sparkle.

How about the rest of y'all?  Will any of your girls be getting an outfit?  If so, which ones?

Love,
RagingMoon1987

4 comments:

  1. I think my favorite is September. Mine would be January. I am still holding out for a mini American girl of Courtney. I just don't have room for big dolls, but she is my era. Mom's would have been August and she and I both thought peridot was an awful color. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I love that neon green! Just goes to show that there's something for everyone! Yeah, I keep hoping that they'll release more mini dolls. They're good for a doll fix and they're a fraction of the size and the price.

      Delete
    2. I don't mind neon green, its just peridot is usually depicted as a sickly pale green!

      Delete
    3. That's true. They can look like snot.

      Delete