Looking for something?

Friday, January 27, 2023

Lately, I've been a-thinkin'...

 ...how much I love mah lady!  Okay, the original lyrics are "MISS mah lady," but who's keeping track?  Today's post is brief and sprung from the head of yesterday's post.  It concerns my Walda cousin, Amoreena.

Why a porcelain doll popped up on a search for "Dream Doll Designer" is anyone's guess...no, wait, I know why.  The porcelain line is entitled "American Dream" or somesuch as that.  The little doll in the search has big brown eyes with Jumeau-esque eyelashes, unusually long arms, soft leather shoes, and a music box inside her body, just like Amoreena does.  The American Dream dolls aren't exactly the same as Amoreena, but their paint jobs are similar enuff that I dug deeper.

It seems that around the same time that Walda was starting to fade from magazines and TV Guide, Heritage Mint Ltd. was releasing their own lines of mass-produced "collector's item" porcelain dolls.  There was a Christmas line and an immigrant line and probably some that I didn't find, and it seems that a fair amount of them had names.  This one is Melissa, for example.  So the search is on, the search to find Amoreena's "real" name, even though she'll always be Amoreena to me.

Much love,
RagingMoon1987

No comments:

Post a Comment