Looking for something?

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Time to gripe: where's Kirsten?

Life at home continues to be insane.  My mother is healing from her surgery, but not as fast as either she or I would like.  As a result I'm still running around like a chicken with my head cut off, taking care of two households of pets rather than one.  I have more cats at my place, but Mama has more dogs, and as I said several years back none of 'em listen when I yell "GET BACK HERE!!!"  Coworker A has been a complete champ, covering for Mama at work with nary a complaint, but she's eighty-five and needs her rest.  So...more prayers would be appreciated.  Spleen vented, the scuttlebutt online is that a familiar face will be making a reappearance in American Girl's historical lineup.

Molly, of course.  And furthermore, it appears to be the classic Molly rather than the BeForever version that was available at Costco.  That's all well and good since Molly still has plenty of fans, most of whom are older and remember her reign as one of the original six.  But...I confess that I'm not one of her fans.  Of the original six I always thought Molly was the most boring.  The other girls saved lives, faced serious dangers, and broke rules, while Molly...ate turnips, got poison ivy, and learned how to swim.  I don't hate Molly, of course; indeed, her AG spotlight is coming up soon.  But why bring Molly back now, so soon after her BeForever rerelease?

I'll make a disclaimer here:  I'd be griping if Felicity or Samantha were being rereleased too.  Why am I griping, y'all ask?  Because Felicity, Samantha, and Molly have all been rereleased at least once, while the only rerelease Kirsten got was her 35th anniversary self last year.  I'd love to know why Kirsten hasn't gotten a rerelease.  Do people think she's boring?  I admit that her clothes and accessories don't have all the frills that Samantha's did, nor are all of her items familiar to modern kids, like Molly's or Julie's are.  But like most of the historical girls Kirsten represents an important time in American history, and she does more than eat turnips, get poison ivy, and learn how to swim!  It's been twelve years since Kirsten was in our lives, and I think it's high time she got a rerelease.

As for my Kirsten, she's kicking back after last week's interview.  She's handling the rising temperatures better now that she has her summer dress, and look who she's got with her!

The day after I completed her interview Missy and Stormy arrived in the mail.  Kirsten would like to thank Rita Cheryl for letting her use the beanbag, by the way.  Usually that beanbag is just for Rita Cheryl.

Now as usual, I turn to y'all for your comments.  Are my American Girl fans happy to see Molly making another comeback, or would y'all prefer something else?

Hugs and Mountain Dew,
RagingMoon1987

5 comments:

  1. No offense to Kirsten, but I want to see mini Courtney more than any other doll. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that WOULD be nice! Are they phasing out the mini dolls? The Girls of the Year haven't gotten one since Luciana, and now Courtney hasn't gotten one either.

      Delete
    2. I don't know, but I hope not. She's my generation but I am not paying over $100 for her. lol A mini doll is in my price range and takes up less space.

      Delete