Looking for something?

Thursday, May 26, 2022

AG Spotlight: Kirsten Larson

My name is Kirsten.  It's my turn to be be in the spotlight.

FULL NAME:  Kirsten Elisabeth Larson

NICKNAME:  "Yellow Hair," though only Singing Bird has ever called me this.

BIRTHDAY:  June 8th

HOMETOWN:  Rural Minnesota

HEAD MOLD:  Classic

HAIR COLOR:  Light blonde

EYE COLOR:  Light blue

FAVORITE COLOR:  Pink

THINGS I LIKE:  Quiet nights in the woods, starlight, cats, ice skating, fishing, quilting, going barefoot on summer days, long drives on country roads, and the Minnesota Vikings.

THINGS I DISLIKE:  Wearing a sunbonnet in hot weather, bears, getting lost, fire, being outside in bad weather (one blizzard was enough for me, thank you)

MY CHOICE OF MUSIC:  Anything that I can square-dance to!

PETS:  I'll soon have my cats, Missy and Stormy, by my side.

BEST FRIENDS:  I share a bond Felicity, Samantha, and Molly, since we were the only American Girls for awhile.  I also like the little Hearts for Hearts Girl Mosi, because she reminds me of Singing Bird.

SOMEONE I'D RATHER AVOID:  Bears

HOW I CAME HERE:  Another Christmas present!  Felicity was planned, and I was a surprise.  The Moon Girl tells me she tore off the wrapping paper, saw the box, and whooped "NO!!!  Y'ALL DIDN'T!!!  WHICH ONE IS SHE???"  Heavens, I even remember hearing her yell!  I admit that I was a little disappointed when I learned I wasn't her first doll, but Felicity and I became close in no time.

ABOUT ME:  I'm quieter than Felicity is, but behind that quiet I try to be grit-tough.  Since I grew up on the frontier I know how to live off the land, raise food from mere seeds and water, and cook from scratch.  I care deeply about my friends.  I laugh when they laugh, I cry when they cry, and I try to calm them down when they get angry.  Indeed, I think I may be the only reason why Felicity and Maddie haven't killed each other yet.  They both need to grow up!

Regarding my life in the modern world, I admit that I'm not quite used to it.  I still jump when a telephone rings, for example.  I still wear my long-sleeved prairie dresses and my sunbonnet, even when it's hot, and even though I hate it.  However, I will admit to occasionally wearing a Vikings shirt and a pair of capris in the summertime.  Yes, I know summer isn't the season for football, but comfort is key, and the Vikings are my team!  Comfort is key...speaking of, it's getting quite warm here in Missouri!  It was cool and rainy at the beginning of the week, but now the heat is back.  I only have so much clothing that I can take off!  I do hope the Moon Girl can find my summer dress soon.  It has short sleeves, and it also has stripes!  I love stripes.

Side note from the Moon Girl:  So do I!  Stripes are almost as good as polka dots.  And your wish is my command, because the dress arrived on Monday.

Hooray!!!

It's so nice to have something clean and new to wear for the dog days ahead.  I even have my little bird whistle!
<show this>
Blow this in the event of bears.

Side note from the Moon Girl:  It doesn't really whistle, but I'm not tellin' Kirsten that!

No need to keep secrets.  I heard you loud and clear.  Luckily in the Land of Make-Believe I can make this puppy work.  Or birdie.  Whatever.

There's not much else to say about myself.  What you see is what you get.

Love,
Kirsten Elisabeth Larson

6 comments:

  1. My Kirsten waves hi to yours. I think my Kirsten would probably like some more clothes, too. I do have some sewing patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got more than I do, then! Not that I have any time to sew right now anyway. Warm regards to your Kirsten! Can you believe Molly is coming out of the archives AGAIN, but Kirsten hasn't been rereleased once??? I wonder what gives?

      Delete
    2. Kirsten's official clothes and accessories are kind of boring unless you are into the "Little House on the Prairie" aesthetic, and a lot of independent creators are making unofficial Laura Ingalls clothes and merchandise already, as you know. Besides, after seeing Samantha brought "back," I don't trust Mattel not to mess it up.

      Delete
    3. Good point. The reboot Samantha wasn't great...and for that matter I hear horror stories about the quality of the reboot Felicity too. LOL, I love some of those Laura Ingalls Wilder toys; have you ever seen the dolls?

      Delete
    4. I have seen the Laura 18" dolls, but I don't like them as much as American Girl dolls. Child me would have loved the covered wagon though.

      Delete