Looking for something?

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Take me with you!

Change, nothin' stays the same
Unchained, and ya hit the ground runnin'!

--Van Halen, "Unchained"

Like Van Halen, I tend to hit the ground running these days.  Up at seven-thirty.  Take my dogs potty, then feed dogs and cats.  Get dressed.  Run over to Mama's place to take care of her animals.  Usually then I'd head over to McDonald's for breakfast and get my happy butt to work after that, but thanks to some lovely insurance caveats, I have to flush Mama's drains.  I don't mind going over to help Mama, as spending time with her is always time well-spent...but the damn drains are FINNICKY!  Anyway, flush drains, receive threatening message from an ex-Facebook friend, and FINALLY get to work...seven minutes late, in a foul mood, with Luciana in tow because screw the rules.

Yes, Luciana.  This morning when I was getting dressed I glanced over at my dolls, some of whom are jumbled together waiting for a review, and I saw Luciana with her hand slightly out.  Pardon the terrible lighting.

I solemnly swear that I did not pose her like that.  But anyway, she reminded me of a story I saw on Den of Angels, where a young woman was preparing to leave her room, when she saw her very tightly strung ball-jointed doll.  BJDs with tight strings tend to stay with their limbs bent, but this time the doll had his arms outstretched like he was pleading to be held.  Same sort of thing with Luciana; she's a relatively new doll and her strings are still tight, but just the same she had her hands out then.  Very well, then...allons-y, Rose Tyler.

Oh well, at least my life is merely "Unchained" and not to the point of "Jump."  OMG, that song tainted my opinion on Van Halen for YEARS!!!  For real, I hate "Jump" that much, LOL.  And to the ex-Facebook friend, fool around with me and I'll tell everyone that you're not really a royal.  Seriously, the guy is deluded!

Love and box fans (stay close to one),
RagingMoon1987

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Go search YouTube for Vank Walen - "Your Jumpin' Heart." Maybe it will change how you view it. XD With everything that you've been going through, you deserve to have a friend at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, okay, I'll look it up! With a name like Vank Walen it sounds like it'll be fun. I flew solo today, but it was fun to look down and see Luciana standing by my workstation. She's a quiet but steadfast friend, like all good dolls are.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a combination of The Bangles Manic Monday and Daniel Powter's Bad Day. Here's hoping that things can only go up from here on out.
    Signed, Treesa
    P.S. I hope I didn't offend you with my musical references. I know that not everyone has the same tastes in songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naw, none taken! I only get angry when I'm forced to listen to music I don't like at a very high volume...which Obnoxious Second Uncle loves to do. But yeah, to quote my brother-in-law, this day was a poopy day.

      Hey, can you please put your comment on the My Little Pony post up again??? I was going to answer your question, but I hit "delete." Darn it.

      Delete