Looking for something?

Thursday, June 2, 2022

AG Spotlight: Samantha Parkington

Sigh...I guess it's my turn.  My birthday was last week.

FULL NAME:  Samantha Mary Parkington

NICKNAME:  "Sam."  The Moon Girl rarely calls me this, but the other dolls do it all the time.

BIRTHDAY:  May 26th

HOMETOWN:  Mount Bedford, New York

HEAD MOLD:  Classic

HAIR COLOR:  Dark brown

EYE COLOR:  Brown

FAVORITE COLOR:  Black, gray, and the various shades of red, from burgundy all the way on down to baby pink

THINGS I LIKE:  Halloween, the dark and the misunderstood, teddy bears, dogs, Christmas trees, books and reading, bird watching, ice cream (peppermint is my favorite flavor), The Wizard of Oz (the witch is my favorite character), rainy days as long as I don't have to go out, painting, long drives on country roads

THINGS I DISLIKE:  Loneliness and abandonment, overly hot days, wearing long underwear on said overly hot days, mistreatment of my loved ones

MY CHOICE OF MUSIC:  Frederic Chopin is my favorite artist, as long as I don't have to play him.  I also like Scott Joplin, and I DO like to play his music.

PET:  Jip, my aunt's spaniel mix.

BEST FRIENDS:  I like Courtney, because we're both shy and try to think before we speak.  I'm also close to Molly, since we were Moon Girl's sister's dolls, and to Denise, since she used to be a Samantha doll herself.  Rita Cheryl often turns to me for advice, but I don't know if the advice I give is any good.  I practice yoga with Luciana and I think she's a sweet girl, if a bit eccentric.  Most importantly, I've been in a relationship with Justin Latowski since shortly after he arrived in January.  We're very happy together.

SOMEONE I'D RATHER AVOID:  Lindsey is too loud, and Doremi is overly enthusiastic...and mean to my Justin.

HOW I CAME HERE:  Moon's sister owned me once, but <sniffle> she never loved me.  

ABOUT ME:  I am the least well-adjusted to the time frame I now live in; my friends say my strict manners and reserved behavior belong to the early 1900s.  I am pigeon-toed and have a hard time standing up, and as a result the Moon Girl almost never plays with me.  I get terribly lonely...I need a hug!

Ahem, yes.  I do like to read and play with Jip, and I even have a boyfriend.  I don't know what I'd do without my Justin.  As you saw above, he gives the most wonderful hugs!

Justin is sad a lot too since his brat sister treats him like dirt, so we support each other.  I don't know what Doremi's problem is, but sometimes I just want to slap her.  Grandmary once said that girls are not supposed to fight, but if it's one thing I won't tolerate it's cruelty to my friends.  Justin tells me that I'm a loyal friend and a good listener, and I try hard to live up to those labels.  So far the only ones to realize this have been Justin, Molly, Courtney and Rita Cheryl.  I predict that Amanda will eventually catch on too, but both she and I read too much to talk to each other.  I like Amanda, though.  I hope I can catch her NOT reading so that we can talk about books.  I'm dying to know who she likes better, Dorothy Gale or Alice from Alice in Wonderland...or if she doesn't like either of them!  I predict that Luciana will also eventually realize that I'm a good listener, if she can pull her head out of the stars and that weirdo in the spinning blue police box long enough to talk to me.

Of course I'm not all doom and gloom, despite what my more boisterous housemates claim.  I like to wear costumes, especially for Halloween.  One year I was a spider witch!  Moon says pardon the quality, as rain clouds were moving in and messing up the lighting.

Talk about an oldie!  That picture is so old that Xenia's eyes were still brown!  Either way Moon says that I make a perfect witch since I've got the hair for it.  Now I need to think up something for this year...whaaaaat???  It's never too early to plan for Halloween!  Moon said so herself!  Lemme see...I do like that old wood fairy costume that was available once.  Time will tell whether I go that route.  As for now I'm off to read and listen to it rain.

Cordially yours,
Samantha Mary Parkington

No comments:

Post a Comment