Looking for something?

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Another doll named Lindsay, plus a friend

What does a visit from the mail truck mean for the denizens of Casa del Luna?  Well in this case it meant playtime for kitties, because I got two big boxes!  Chessie couldn't sit still!

For the Moon Girl herself it meant the busting out of scissors to open the boxes, and then perusing the contents.  Here's what I got yesterday.

The big rag doll is named Lindsay (not to be confused with my other Lindsey, who has an "e" in her name rather than an "a"), and her smaller companion is a Mattel doll named Teenie Talk.  Lindsay has an interesting story, as she is one of Tam's...highway dolls, I think she called it?  It was a tub that Tam's husband found by the highway, and it was FULL of dolls.  Some of them got pretty badly damaged, and some were just wet and/or a little dirty.  Several of these dolls are still looking for homes (original post is here), and I voiced an interest in Pollyanna and Lindsay.  Tam wants to keep Pollyanna, which I understand, but she was happy to send Lindsay to me, so here she is.  As you saw above, she's a big doll (Luciana apologizes for her undies showing, by the way).

I love rag dolls, and Lindsay is a big one indeed!  I love her face!

She reminds me of someone, but I'm not sure who.  Her hair is painted...

...as are her boots...mostly.  The laces are applied.  Either way I'll neither have to provide shoes or worry about her losing the ones she's got, and I'm glad of that.

Her rear shows her name and a number, which I assume is a production year.  

If that is indeed a production year then she's just a little older than me.  While I was examining Lindsay I found this tag attached to her back.  I was hoping it might provide some info about a maker, but it doesn't.  All it tells me is that Lindsay has been bounced around a lot during her thirty-six years of existence.

So Lindsay is obviously not a super-old doll, and I have my doubts about whether she was intended to be a toy, but her maker is a big question mark.  If any of y'all have any information on this lovely young lady, please let me know.  I'll also be asking my friends on my old nemesis Facebook for information, as the folks there can be quite helpful...when they're not getting butt-hurt, that is!  Any information I get will be shared here with all of y'all, and of course I send my warmest gratitude to Tam for sending her to me.  Thank you so much, Tam, and thank you for sharing your experience with the coronavirus shot.  I personally have been hesitant to get the shot, but I'm hearing more good experiences than bad so I may take the plunge.  As Tam herself noted, we've gotta stop this somehow.

Now let's look quickly at Teenie Talk.

Teenie is also larger than I thought she'd be.  I made sure to pull Astro-Luci's skirt down this time.

I thought Samantha was sensitive about her skivvies showing, but Luciana almost has her beat!  Anyway, Teenie is one of Mattel's many pull-string talkers, and I'm not going to say too much about her right now.  Her post will come in August.

Much love to all,
RagingMoon1987

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like Lindsay, and that she found a home and didn't end up as road kill. I'm guessing 'Lindsay' is the name of her maker, so that's a start for you. First or last name, I couldn't say. There are indeed more dolls needing a home. They were scattered all over the highway edge and poor Ken went around picking up the pieces.
    I have Teenie Talk too. In fact, I have been collecting the Mattel dolls similar to her. (*Wink*) I look forward to your post on her. You beat me to it. I was going to get to her and her ilk, but since I had no computer that put the kibosh on Doll-A-Day this year._

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry your computer is giving you grief, because I look forward to your Doll-a-Day posts. It's always nice to get an opinion that's different from (or similar to) mine. Do you have Baby Secret yet? She looks like Teenie Talk's red-haired sister!

      Delete
    2. Baby Secrets is one I'm watching out for. I want a working one, and one that's not paled out, and they can be expensive. I have Baby Say n' See. In fact, I have an extra Baby Say n See that needs work. She talks and her eyes still move, but one has gotten out of place. She's definitely a fixer upper, but you can have her if you want her.

      Delete
    3. Keep in mind she needs some clean up and has one cock-eyed eye. I'll dig her out. Give me some time though. It's too hot to dig around in doll tubs in there right now!

      Delete
    4. LOL, I hear you on the heat! It's supposed to cool down here in Missouri tomorrow. Will the front reach Ohio too? Don't worry too much about her being a fixer-upper; I've got plenty like that. Just let me know when you do find her!

      Delete