Looking for something?

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Beach babies, for real this time

Happy first day of summer, ladies and germs!  Natalie and Gracie may not have had their timing right, but Kissy and Adam know when to trot out the sun clothes!

Too bad I can't name a beach anywhere near here that is good for dolly pictures.  My dusty backyard, with its copious molehills and sand burrs, will have to suffice.  Seriously, I like to joke with my mom and my neighbors that I have more moles than I do yard, and my dogs are not vermin-hunters so they're no help.  The good news is that I made it out into the yard without dropping Kissy, who could probably not stand such a fall.  She's a big doll, but not very robust.  Today she's wearing flamingoes.

Flamingoes are special to several of us here in Malden, as they represent a friend that we lost to cervical cancer a couple years back.  For some reason this friend loved flamingoes, and every time I see a flamingo I think of her.  Combine flamingoes with a yellow background and you've got the perfect summer getup.  This outfit is too big for Kissy, by the way, just like the watermelon dress is.  I think the crotches of these dresses are big to accommodate a diaper, but Kissy doesn't have one so that's that.  I just get a safety pin and pin everything up out of sight.

Eternally happy Adam is wearing a tie-dyed onesie from Cranky Baby Tie Dye, and a pair of pants from DudisDesign, because who wants to wear a onesie without pants???

A baby's wardrobe simply isn't complete without at least one tie-dyed piece, and as luck would have it, some of Cranky Baby's items come in Kissy's size.  But where I'll find a pair of bell-bottoms in her size, I'll never know.  But then again, Adam isn't wearing bell-bottoms.  His gray leggings make his tummy bulge a little, so next time I order a pair of these I'll go up a size.

So my babies are ready for summer!  It's only become honest-to-God hot in the past week, and even then it wouldn't have been so bad if the humidity weren't high.  I've been out on ninety-degree days with low humidity and it was downright pleasant, but when the humidity is high ninety degrees is miserable.  I loved the rain that we had during the first week of June, but it only made the humidity and the mosquitoes worse.  C'est la vie when you live in a swamp.  I complain, but I wouldn't trade living in the Bootheel for the world, and I don't think my kiddies would either.  Adam's seen a few other places, and I think he's happy anywhere as long as he's got a lap to sit on.  As for Kissy, she told me she prefers it here.  Being a doll, the heat and the mosquitoes don't bother her.

Stay cool,
RagingMoon1987

4 comments:

  1. It's a shame Adam has those cloth forearms. He looks like he has the sleeves of his long Johns rolled up, which you would, I guess, in this heat! I think Kissy looks great in her dress. I wonder if there is a size of real baby clothes that would fit her for pants. You could find a pair of vintage bell bottoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is definitely a size of baby clothes she can wear, but I haven't figured out which size yet, LOL! The dress she's wearing now is a real baby dress, but it's too big for her. I pretend that Adam's shoulders are indeed long undies, since babies can get cold easily. I don't let them bother me!

      Delete
  2. LOL, think of how great it'll look in the end! Hopefully you won't have an invasion of moles afterward. Between moles and sticker burrs it's a wonder my dogs and I make it back to the house in one piece! Kissy's dress is available at Wal-Mart if you have a doll big enuff; I think the one I've got is a three-to-six-month size.

    ReplyDelete