Looking for something?

Thursday, October 6, 2022

AG Spotlight: Marina Gutierrez

I'm the first hazel-eyed girl in the bunch...but not the last!

FULL NAME:  Marina Isabella Gutierrez 

WHERE I GOT MY NAME:  I just looked like a Marina, the Moon Girl says.

JUST LIKE YOU NUMBER:  #89

HOMETOWN:  Galveston, Texas

HEAD MOLD:  Josefina

HAIR COLOR:  Medium brown with blue and green highlights

EYE COLOR:  Hazel

FAVORITE COLORS:  Blue, green, and purple

THINGS I LIKE:  Skateboarding, swimming, beachcombing after storms, drawing with chalk, painting, street art and art in general, sunrises and sunsets (especially the ones over Matagorda Bay), camouflage anything, ponchos, growing roses

THINGS I DISLIKE:  Peer pressure, bullies, people who walk at a snail's pace on sidewalks (or in school hallways), hurricanes (Ike was no picnic, kiddies)

*Side note from the Moon Girl:  It was no picnic here either!  The remnants of Hurricane Ike were strong enuff to knock out the power here in Malden, and I almost got clobbered on the head by a falling tree limb.  If I'd been one step faster that limb would have...well, it wouldn't have killed me, but it might've seriously injured me.

MY CHOICE OF MUSIC:  Bjork and Glen Campbell.  How's that for an odd couple!

BEST FRIENDS:  Kailey and Joss due to their shared love of beachcombing.  Luciana also gets Brownie points for knowing Spanish.  Z and I also get on pretty well, since photography and painting have a few similarities.  They have some important differences too, but they're similar enough that Z and I sometimes compare notes.  I also like to hang out with Reagan O'Connor sometimes, just for the heckuvit.

SOMEONE I'D RATHER AVOID:  I get along pretty well with everyone, actually.  I have a bit of an artistic rivalry with Amazing Maddie, but it's a friendly rivalry. 

WHERE I CAME FROM:  Another eBay find!

ABOUT ME:  Unlike Lark, who came before me, and Llewellyn, who will come next week, I'm not a custom job.  My trippy hair is factory-original...or the color is.  The Moon Girl modified my original style a bit.  I love the way it mixes the colors.
It reminds me of the colors in Monet's water lily paintings, and I think that may be why I became interested in art.  Most of my friends put a heavy emphasis on auditory arts, but I'm more interested in the visual aspect.  Here are my weapons of mass creation. 
I love to draw and paint, usually animals or landscapes or bizarre abstract ideas.  Salvador Dali and Rene Magritte are my favorite artists (they're both surrealists).  I'm not terribly picky, though; the only painter I'm not a huge fan of is Picasso, and even then I respect the time it must've taken to get those cubist pieces right.  Ahem...I apologize for going off on a tangent.  Silver Bird has her tornadoes, Luciana has that British guy in the spinning blue police box, and I have my artists...and my own art.  Hold still, Silver Bird!  Still-lives are hard enough, but when my subjects are moving it's another story.
Funny, I don't recall Silver Bird being the dancing type!  I guess being a sock hopper for Halloween will bring out your inner Fred Astaire.  I plan on being a mermaid, if the Moon Girl can find the costume in time.

*Side note from the Moon Girl:  I'll try my best!  Adric got fixed this week and most of my paycheck went towards that.

No worries!  I tell y'all, I don't hate cotton fields, but I do miss Matagorda Bay!  This kind of sand is a far cry from the sand on the beach!  It's so hard I can stand on it with no problems. 
I don't miss the hurricanes, though.  My thoughts and prayers are with the folks still digging out of Hurricane Ian's aftermath.  As for us, as recently as Luciana's spotlight it was hot with fairly frequent rainstorms, and now it's cool and dry.  We haven't had a drop of rain in almost a month, and none forecast for over a week, or so Silver Bird has told me (she and Rita Cheryl keep track of the weather).  That's been good for the cotton, as y'all can see.
Take it all in, Marina.  You can draw from memory.  Cotton makes a wonderful subject for a pencil drawing.  And now that I stop to think of it, the sunsets here are well worth painting.
Beautiful as that view may be, my heart will always be in Galveston.  Hmmm...Silver Bird is from Texas too.  I wonder if she feels the same way about Wichita Falls?

Happy birthday, Moon Girl!

Love,
Marina Gutierrez

No comments:

Post a Comment