Looking for something?

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

It finally happened!

I tested positive for coronavirus, ladies and germs!  Thank God I got the shot or I might be sicker.  As it is I've got a low fever, a slight cough, and general malaise.  I'm officially on quarantine for five days, so that means no work for five days...meaning that I'm gonna miss a whole friggin' week.  So I'm laying low and keeping myself hydrated and occupied.  When I get bursts of energy I sweep or piddle with my dolls or what have you.  And it just so happens that I have someone new.  Meet Justin Latowski, my newest My Twinn, and the older brother of Doremi and Camille.

Some of y'all may or may not remember that I'm a Moody Blues fan, and this doll's eBay seller had this doll labeled as a Justin Hayward lookalike.  The eBay seller says that this doll originally had stubby black eyelashes and an unflattering wig, so she changed them both.  The eyes are original; the seller calls them "ice blue," and I think the My Twinn catalogs numbered them "A05" or "A10."
For the record, Justin Hayward does have blue eyes, but his eyes are a lot darker than my doll's eyes are.  My Twinn did have dark blue eyes, but none of my dolls have them...yet.  Anyway, my little Justin is a new face in my collection in more ways than one.  My other three Twinns all have the Ariel head (My Twinn's name for this head was "Judy")...

...but Justin does not.  According to the seller Justin has an Allison head, but his eyes are awfully big (and wonky).

I thought the Allison head had squintier eyes than this, but the smile is right.  And now that I look close, one of the eye sockets is squinted more than the other.  Only the Allison head has that.  One thing's for sure:  Justin is no Ariel!  He's also pretty orange compared to Salome.

Researching My Twinn head molds can get a little infuriating since the heads have both a collector's name and a name that My Twinn stamped on the heads.  The Ariel head is the worst of these since it has so many variants, but the name I see stamped on their scalps is almost always "Judy," so there's that out of the way.  The Allison mold is not without its own confusion, as it is marked "HE," for "Helen."  If I were to take Justin's hair of y'all could see that...but Justin isn't too keen to be scalped.

"NO, I'M NOT!!!  I've already had one wig pulled off!"


Ease up, buddy, I won't take the wig off.  Regardless, My Twinn calls this head "Helen" and the collectors call it "Allison."  The problem lies in the head that the collectors call "Helen" (My Twinn calls that one "Tina").  Luckily, Allison/Helen is easy to distinguish from Helen/Tina, as the latter is square-shaped and has teeny-weeny eyes.  I'm not a huge fan of the Helen/Tina head, by the way.  It makes a cute doll when painted right, but the head is too angular for my taste.  The name "Allison" is also My Twinn's name for the Kelsey head, but Kelsey is pretty rare so that shouldn't be a problem.  LOL, like cats, the naming of dolls is a difficult matter!

Regarding other nitty-gritties, Justin's tag says "2002," meaning that he dates from the very end of the Denver era...I think.  Don't quote me on that.  Anyway, Justin's joints hold a pose and do not squeak, and the cloth on his body has very little damage.  His ankles hold a pose, though I'd expected that since he's not a white-body Twinn.  White-body Twinns have elastic ankles that loosen up with time, and while the loose ankles can be fixed it requires more doll dissecting than I'm willing to do.  I have a rudimentary personality hashed out, but I'm still working on that bit.

So that's my new dolly doppelganger, to keep me company while I hack my lungs up.  LOL, just kidding!  I actually am not as sick as some of my friends and family have been, so that's good.  I'm just going to self-quarantine like a good girl, with my animals and my dolls for company.  Thank God I took the shot, or this could've been bad.

Much love and health to all,
RagingMoon1987 

No comments:

Post a Comment