Looking for something?

Monday, March 30, 2020

Bear pair

Yeah, when I promised four posts in the coming week?  Nope, won't be happening.  My phone is crapping out and I can only take pictures with it when it's in the mood, and one of the four posts fell through completely.  So to tide y'all over, here's some pictures of teddy bears (I had to use Mama's phone to take these).
You can also see me in the pictures a little, hair bow and jacket and all, LOL!  Yes, two days after a violent wave of thunderstorms I'm back in my jacket.  Anyway, these bears are located at Genesis Home Care in Campbell, Missouri, so if anyone is in the area don't hesitate to say hello to this very colorful pair.  Campbell has taken the bear idea and run with it, and I hope the bears please the residents as much as they did Mama and me.

Cheers,
RagingMoon1987

4 comments:

  1. I used to have the Build A Bear with the peace signs. I bought her second-hand, and when I bought her I knew she was a girl because she had a sound box that sang Single Ladies in a Chipettes voice, like in the one live action/CG Chipmunks movie. I named the bear Harmony, playing off both the peace signs motif and the music aspect. I turned her over to my sister to resell when my collection got too big and her sound box stopped working. But seeing your photo sure brought back memories. Listening to the song Single Ladies in a Chipettes voice coming from a teddy bear cheered me up more than once in the time Harmony was with me.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Harmony sounds cute! Sounds like she got plenty of love from both you and your sis. I always wondered if those sound boxes would wear out over time; now I know. Sometimes there is no substitute for a good teddy bear, no matter how old you get!

      Delete
    2. To my knowledge, Build A Bear sound boxes have non-replaceable batteries. Even if the batteries could be replaced, once the sound box is inside the bear and the bear is stitched up the sound box can't be accessed. It's a shame, but I can understand why Build A Bear designed things that way. They wouldn't want kids messing around with the sound boxes. Though I think some of the light up characters, like the early Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer plush, had accessible battery packs with replaceable batteries.
      Signed, Treesa

      Delete
    3. That makes sense! Definitely wouldn't want kids futzing around with their bear's entrails, nope!

      Delete