Looking for something?

Thursday, November 21, 2019

For my lady

Last night I was tinkering around with my old Felicity doll, getting her into a new dress, when I caught her lying like this.
She looked even goofier BEFORE I snapped the picture; her left eye was hanging wide open.  It shifted a little when I reached for my phone to take the picture.

Being the daughter of a historian and a Revolutionary War re-enactor meant that I was constantly asking my father for advice on Felicity's clothes.  Was this accurate?  Was that accurate?  WHYYY wasn't this accurate???  LOL, as I aged I grew a little less uptight about Felicity's appearance.  I doubt that colonial ballgowns were decorated with huge pine cones, for example.
That was what Felicity wore for Christmas last year, by the way.  She has that lovely blue taffeta gown, but the pine cone dress is what she wore.  I think this year's dress might be a tad more accurate.
The pinner cap is made of the same material as the underskirt and I doubt that's authentic, but boy howdy, I can't get over how nice Felicity looks in black!  Both the black dress and the pine cone dress were gifts from my mother, as cute American Girl clothes often are, and I think she did quite well in both cases.

That's my random post for today!  Cheers and stay dry!

Much love,
RagingMoon1987

4 comments:

  1. LOL at the first photo. Dolls gone wild. I love both dresses, by the way! Her pine cone crown is so festive. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I could probably DO a dolls gone wild post, as goofy as some of them can look! I love the crown that goes with the pine cone dress too, even though it did mess up her hair some. It was a nice change from the cap that Felicity usually wears.

      Delete
  2. Nice to see more beautiful toothy smiles RM, and the costumes are lovely, your mom does a wonderful job. Whatever would you do without her, I wonder?
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even want to think about what I'd do or where I'd be without her. She's really the only friend I have.

      Delete